• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cigarette- SPLIFF or JOINT

Accessdenied

Greenlighter
So I think everyone here know how to empty out a cigarette but do you prefer it as a spliff or joint?
Aside from that with a homemade crutch how would you suggest I insert my herb in the paper with out it falling through the crutch?
I am a bit afraid of the paper and cardboard from the crutch catching the good stuff from the smoke ya know?? :p
~Idk why Im even doing this..~

Just get rolling paper and roll a joint. I do not recommend mixing it with tobacco.

Ok, you sound like a noob not going to lie man. It's not a good idea to pack a cigarette with herb. Either roll a joint with a folded crutch or pack a piece.

Everyone starts somewhere.

When it comes to packing cigarettes (so nostalgic....), I'd leave the filter in, empty the tobacco, slowly refill with weed. Twist off the end and then rip the filter out. We didn't use crutches or anything back then so we'd just fuck around with the mouthpiece until it was hittable.

It's damn near impossible to not spill any tree in the process, though. I was never really able to make a funnel small enough to fit the cigarette but large enough to let hand-ground weed through, so I would just fold a playing card in half and use that as a scoop. Scoop a little weed, pour a little weed into the hollow cigarette, pack it down a little with a pen or the eraser side of a pencil and repeat. Best to do over a book or a tray or something as, yeah, there's gonna be spillage.

Also, don't be a dumbass like me and bring this shit to school with you. Expulsions aren't fun, especially when they involve police.

It would probably be easier to order a pack of rolling papers online for a few bucks.. You can get 32 king size papers for like, $3 as well as around 50 filters for an extra dollar. Rolling w a cigarette paper is too much of a process. Also, if you want a nicotine buzz, instead of rolling w shitty cig tobacco, just buy a pack of blunts/cigarillos (I recommend White Owl - White Grape). You'll get a the flavor and slight nic from the tobacco leaf of the blunt w/out the harshness of straight tobacco

I like blunts best for rolling, they burn slow and even without much technique necessary. When I roll joints they often canoe, I know some people have a PhD in joint rolling but I'd rather just roll blunts then go to joint college.

I like blunts best for rolling, they burn slow and even without much technique necessary. When I roll joints they often canoe, I know some people have a PhD in joint rolling but I'd rather just roll blunts then go to joint college.

The coolest thing about joint college is you learn at your own pace.

With the way you smoke (judging from your posts here in CD) I feel like you'd master your technique after a few weeks, maybe a month or two.

I love blunts too, but as I got older I noticed they tend to leave me with a fucked up sore throat the next day. I've never had that issue with papers so I switched to RAWs a year or two ago. I still enjoy the occasional blunt but maaaaaaan have I come to love my rolling papers.

i find the ritual of rolling a joint all part of the fun.
it seems like a lot of people io know can roll pretty well, but lots of australians tend to roll their own cigarettes, so it's not only stoners that learn how to up a smoke, or something.
i'm not really a fan of blunts, but i never really liked putting tobacco in joints until fairly recently. i always used to be against doing it, but sometimes it makes the weed go further when you're sharing.
i hate it when i pass a joint to a cigarette smoker when i'm a gig and they bogart it, especially if it's all nice bud, no tobacco.
i'm not shy about telling them to toke it or pass it on, but i sometimes stick tobacco in there to stretch it out a bit. definitely prefer joints that are all green though.

Blunts can be good if you're in a hurry to roll up I guess, but I'm not a huge fan of the tobacco. When a roll a crutch for your joint, crease the letter "M" or "Z" and then roll the crutch. That will keep the weed from falling out. Also, make sure that is the first part you lick and stick and finish it off by twisting the end.

yeah, that's what I use.
last time I rolled up a random bit of card or paper, I ended up with little crumbs in my mouth.
it's worth investing in the little specially-made 'crutches' I reckon, they work well.

If you are going to get into blunts and want to be with the "hype" right now Backwoods are all the rage in the hip-hop scene. I'm not gonna lie, I too have come to like joints more, but if I have an 1/8 or more to roll up, it's going in a fat wood. Also check out fronto/grabba leafs if you want to get into rolling actual cigars, but filled with cannabis. They make great occasional smokes and everybody will think you're a legend pulling up with a huge cigar with enough weed for the whole party lol or yourself!

yeah, that's what I use.
last time I rolled up a random bit of card or paper, I ended up with little crumbs in my mouth.
it's worth investing in the little specially-made 'crutches' I reckon, they work well.
just get some thick paper, eg for drawing, preferably unbleached, and cut your "crutches" from that... works the same as the headshop ones and is vastly cheaper.

If you are going to get into blunts and want to be with the "hype" right now Backwoods are all the rage in the hip-hop scene. I'm not gonna lie, I too have come to like joints more, but if I have an 1/8 or more to roll up, it's going in a fat wood. Also check out fronto/grabba leafs if you want to get into rolling actual cigars, but filled with cannabis. They make great occasional smokes and everybody will think you're a legend pulling up with a huge cigar with enough weed for the whole party lol or yourself!

Backwoods forever have been and forever will be disgusting as fuck.

Even when they're rolled well, which isn't often, they manage to taste like shit.

A lot of people disagree with me on that, though.

Backwoods forever have been and forever will be disgusting as fuck.

Even when they're rolled well, which isn't often, they manage to taste like shit.

A lot of people disagree with me on that, though.
LOL yeah they are not for everyone. I've definitely passed people woods and have them take like two puffs and not want to hit it anymore. Like I said, it's the hype in a certain scene right now. A full tobacco leaf is always going to be better than a backwood, as well. If you have ever boiled a backwood (people do it with fronto leaves, though not usually backwoods) so much packaging grease will come off of the leaf its disgusting and made me never want to smoke one again without a wash. Also, just for anyone who might say, "why not just use a cannabis leaf," it's because they don't burn the same way a tobacco leaf/joint paper does. To cure a cannabis leaf to make a pleasant smoke/burn is kinda difficult and almost requires that you grow the plant or have access to the plant at certain times. If you have ever had a bad cannagar, it's a very sad experience. You will have like 5 grams of high quality flower and usually some concentrates too, but then it just burns super hot, tastes like shit, doesn't pull well, burns unevenly, and this will last for over an hour as you watch most of your weed burn into the air. =D

just get some thick paper, eg for drawing, preferably unbleached, and cut your "crutches" from that... works the same as the headshop ones and is vastly cheaper.

Yeah, true - i just fucked up by improvising some shitty card that was too thick and it didn't roll tight enough.

I often wonder if using cardboard with inks or plastics can heat up and cause you to inhale nasty toxic shit, which is why i buy "tips", "crutches" or whatever you call them. I always just called em roaches.
Buying them in a little flip-book is a convenient way of having them around, which is why i just spend the dollar or whatever to always have them handy.
I guess i smoke a lot of joints though, to be fair. Blows my mind how quickly i go through 50 of those little bits of card.

I don't like blunts, because i think there is a place for weed, and a place for cigars - but not necessarily at the same time.
I like inhaling cannabis smoke, but would never want to toke on a cigar like that.
Each to their own, i guess - i used to smoke blunts in public, as it seemed to confused people or drown out the smell...but these days i just smoke spliffs discreetly, but openly.

I often wonder if using cardboard with inks or plastics can heat up and cause you to inhale nasty toxic shit, which is why i buy "tips", "crutches" or whatever you call them./QUOTE]
Science says yes! For example, receipt/some types of printer paper use plastics to change color once it's been exposed to heat, so if you were to roll a receipt into a joint, you would be inhaling some wonderful BPA. Same with cardboard.

Yup.
That's why i buy the little cardboard "scroll tips" - so i don't resort to ripping bits off my pack of rolling papers.