• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Chronic Sleep Walking - Having trouble separating reality from dreams

Aishas Star

Bluelighter
Hey guys!
Long time, no post!

(Mods please move if you think this thread may be better in Mental Health or any other section)

I have been a chronic sleep walker for all of my adult life. Im pretty use to it and my partner(s) have had to get use to dealing with it in the boudoir - it can be quite shocking to see your bed-mate tear all the sheets off the bed while you're trying to sleep in it peacefully! Stress is a major contributor, but I work in a reasonably stressful job so its hard to avoid it.

Recently though I have had serious issues when Im actually awake thinking that Im actually sleeping. The most regular and scariest is when Im going to the bathroom and peeing I start to freak out that Im asleep and Im going to pee the bed. I get scared that I cant wake myself up and will have a embarrassing situation on my hands. All this time Im actually awake and safe and sound, conscious on top of the toilet. Its happening at all times of the day, not just a morning thing.

I can lucid dream sometimes but I cant seem to get it to help me in this aspect.

Any suggestions??

(PS Im not on any medication and I generally dont take drugs, except alcohol)