• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Chronic heat intolerance after a drug-induced heatstroke

Burn it up

Bluelighter
Hello!

I was wondering if it is possible to develop chronic heat intolerance after having gone through a drug-induced heatstroke (like it could happen with MDMA or Meth, for instance). People with chronic heat intolerance can't cope with heat so well as other people. They will start feeling very uncomfortable, incapable of cooling down, sweat profusely, and having the unpleasant feeling of being overheated. This is a phenomenon that happens after having suffered a strong heatstroke, and it usually messes up with your capability of properly withstanding heat for months, years or a lifetime (Heat intolerance in former heatstroke patients. Shapiro 1979 ; Temporary heat intolerance in a heatstroke patient. Keren 1981).

I guess this premise could be extrapolated to drug heatstrokes scenarios as well, right? Could somebody that suffered an MDMA heatstroke have their internal thermostat a little bit off afterwards? For instance back in my childhood I had a very hot MDMA experience (August in Madrid, 40?C). I was sweating profusely, and even though I was not feeling bad nor in danger, it was hard to cope with it and for the next weeks I totally felt that my body thermostat was out. I was sweating constantly, specially in places I never did like in the forehead and back of neck. Since then, I have the feeling that I am a little bit more sensible to heat than I was before that MDMA experience.

So, could it be that for us, drug users, this rule also applies? Once heatstroke, forever heat intolerant? I am sure that there will be many chiming in to share their stories. And their knowledge.

Thanks,

Burn

Interesting.

Serotonin and some specific receptors are related to the regulation of body temperature, if I remember correctly.

Something similar happens to me, sometimes I suffer hot flashes at night and I start sweating in the back area and I feel very hot for a few minutes. It is quite uncomfortable.
Some time ago I had an average DXM trip where I felt my body burst into flames, I do not know if it could have something to do with it.

I have taken many drugs during the last 10 years so it is impossible to know if it is a long-term side effect or a common reaction that other people also suffer.

DocLad

Last edited: