• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
I need help with CFS, I’m always tired/napping.
I’ve tried modafinil and it helps but it’s too expensive and I need an alternative.
Caffeine and other methylxanthines help a bit but I was looking at other alternatives like nootropics such as bromantane, has anyone tried that?

Amphetamine and related substances help a little but are too strong/distracting

I’ve heard American Ginseng is stimulating, has anyone tried that?
I’ve been using Manchurian Ginseng (Panax Ginseng), also known as white Ginseng, apparently it’s weaker than Korean/Red Ginseng (Also Panax Ginseng), which I’ll probably try next.
I know all three contain Ginsenosides which are saponins that are structurally similar to steroid hormones such as cortisol.

I don’t know what to do and need help as this is ruining my life and doctor’s don’t seem to care.

Carphedon is a relatively mild stimulant, it’s available at almost every nootropic store worldwide atm.

adrafinil is a prodrug of modifinil that is uncontrolled in much of the world. It works pretty well but was pulled from the market due to causing liver issues I believe so be careful with it.

Phenylpiracetam is a great general stimulant

Bromantane is also a great stimulant & anxiolytic

Acetyl-L-choline is also great

Are you sure it is cfg and not a severe case of drug induced depression?
Past drug use? Anything that burns receptors?

Ginseng can give you a boost. But it acn also burn you out a bit more.

Possible post covid syndrom.or another virus?autoimunne reaction.feelbthe same.chronic fatigue....good food and enough sleep...if you can find real quality ginseng also works wonders

@Gaz_hmmmm I'm with the folks who say maybe you should try to find out what is causing the fatigue before throwing a bunch of stimulants at your problem.

Are you taking any prescribed medications? Have you had a blood test in a while?

I got really bad fatigue not long after starting Lithium. Began taking naps every day and I am normally not a napper. Got some blood drawn and it turned out I was coming down with hypothyroidism, which can cause fatigue. The endocrine system and thyroids are no joke and if had just begun taking stimulants before tackling the root of the problem, it could have gotten pretty bad. Obviously I stopped taking Lithium otherwise I was gonna have to start thyroid treatment, which is medication you have to take for life.

Yeah it’s deffo CFS, I’ve been diagnosed.

Phenylpiracetam is a great general stimulant

Bromantane is also a great stimulant & anxiolytic

Acetyl-L-choline is also great

Have you experience with them three?

How did you find using each of those?

@Gaz_hmmmm I'm with the folks who say maybe you should try to find out what is causing the fatigue before throwing a bunch of stimulants at your problem.

Are you taking any prescribed medications? Have you had a blood test in a while?

I got really bad fatigue not long after starting Lithium. Began taking naps every day and I am normally not a napper. Got some blood drawn and it turned out I was coming down with hypothyroidism, which can cause fatigue. The endocrine system and thyroids are no joke and if had just begun taking stimulants before tackling the root of the problem, it could have gotten pretty bad. Obviously I stopped taking Lithium otherwise I was gonna have to start thyroid treatment, which is medication you have to take for life.
Very much this ^ I had the same exact problems, I would literally wake up after 12 hours of sleep only to be so tired I'd fall back asleep. I could only seem to stay awake for 3-4 hours before being pooped. Come to find out I had the thyroid levels of a 90 year old man. Get your TSH levels checked! As far as natural remedies, iodine - as it's found in algae worked for me until I repaired my thyroid over time by changing my diet. Diet is also another thing to look at.

I have narcolepsy, so not the same issue but I definitely can relate to the tiredness. However I get extra tired when my hormone levels get a bit low (like my testosterone) or my vitamin D or iron (due to my poor diet). I'd encourage you to have a full blood work up done to rule out anything else.

I also found modafonil largely pointless. I currently take dexamphetamine and it's really 50/50. Some days it works superbly, some days I don't even need it. Other days I take it and I could still sleep the entire day away. There doesn't seem to be any way to predict it.

+1 for Bromantane, Huperzine A is also really good.
Agree,
I'm becoming super fan of Huperzine A.
I didn't understand it at first but now is becoming incredibly helpful...
So goood.
It's a lucid consciousness inducing substance, it promotes lucid and powerful thoughts, total clarity. It doesn't help me at all regarding physical energy but the mental stamina and efficiency is outstanding.
Yesterday's night I had an amazing lucid dream, and some odd event that had never happent before to me.
I woke up from a dream (that I barely remembered) then I was quite awake, and I was drifting into sleep, but still fully conscious and awake, I didn't feel like drafting into unconsciousness or bubbly, blurry or unclear thoughts (or form of consciousness). Then suddenly an image of a red marble room with a marble stair appeared, not like in front of my mind's eye, but like... I was there, suddenly. Fully consciouss, like in a lucid dream but without any type of intermediate blurry consciousness...
It was almost frightening so I was there just for a bit, seconds, but you know, it was very very impressive, to enter a lucid dream directly. I took artemisia annua that night too.

Interesting CFS is still so misunderstood and the workings behind it. Like the poster above said most doctors think of it as a myth and gaslight you when you talk of symptoms.

I have a few questions for the OP, How old are you??? and do you have a history of long term regular use of stims like speed and meth???

Apparently heavy use of amphetamines or crystal meth during your 30's combined with regular use of speed or ice in your 40's causes a stim user to spend most of their days when not high from stims lying in bed suffering chronic fatigue and overwhelming exhaustion with feelings of zero motivation to do anything other than lie down in bed neither fully asleep nor fully awake just kinda zonked out of it.

Maybe that's just me because I am on anti-psychotics meds but every former speed user I have met who doesn't work have a distinct sleeping pattern of waking up early in the morning then feeling to tired to do anything for the whole afternoon/evening other than lie down in bed. With the kicker being natural sleep occurs at about 11pm-middnight after spending most of the day either lying down or binge drinking wine but for some unknown reason the ex speed user wakes up bang just like that at 3am-4am

I have always had symptoms of CFS as far back as senior high school but what was the straw that broke the camels back was getting addicted to crystal meth at age 40 circa March 2020 when Melbourne went into a cycle of hard lockdown for most of the next two years

And to make matters worse being a regular meth smoker who functions better using ice every 3 days when you have a few days off meth (4+ days of no meth) you go from getting a real good nights rest sleeping in late into the day to waking up early in the AM and I swear to God the only thing that makes it tolerable is drinking wine.

Does anyone else experience this?