• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Chronic cough improves after smoking crack

princessdelilah

Greenlighter
I've had a chronic cough since August. I've had x-rays that have turned up clear. No one knows I smoke crack several times a week. I've noticed lately that my cough temporarily goes away when I smoke crack.
Has anyone had this happen? Or know why this is happening?

I've had a chronic cough since August. I've had x-rays that have turned up clear. No one knows I smoke crack several times a week. I've noticed lately that my cough temporarily goes away when I smoke crack.
Has anyone had this happen? Or know why this is happening?
Hey there, welcome to Bluelight. This question is not geographical in nature so I will be moving it to Other Drug Discussion where you will hopefully get more traffic to your thread.

NSADD -> ODD

Hello from one user to another. Raised in medical family, I’m not a doc but hears a good guess.
Smoking crack ( again I do it so no judgment) is hard on the lungs and throat. I’m sure you know this. You can reduce the effects some by not chasing that last hit that isnt there and torching your wind pipe. Heavy smoking anything will cause lung damage and throat problems. The crack isn’t making your cough better per se but the immediate effects are a numbing of the throat and lung tissue so that your body is under the affects of a cough suppressant. After the numbing wears off you will go back to coughing albeit with a little more damage and buildup of things you don’t typically want in your breathing apparatus. The only good thing to do is space out smoking more ( less frequently). Good luck.

This is purely speculation but many asthma meds contain stimulants which act as bronchodilaters, basically just opening the airways in your lungs. Perhaps cocaine has a similar effect.

This is purely speculation but many asthma meds contain stimulants which act as bronchodilaters, basically just opening the airways in your lungs. Perhaps cocaine has a similar effect.
Edit: just did a quick Google search and cocaine is indeed a bronchodilator. I'm almost positive this is why your cough improves.