• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Choosing class of antidepressant

Mlgjp8612

Bluelighter
I’ve abused opioids for over a decade with light stimulant use maybe once or twice a month. If I’m depressed from quitting drugs it’s most likely from lack of dopamine right? So wouldn’t it make since to get an antidepressant that acts more on dopamine? Any suggestions?

Wellbutrin is the only on I know of that is commonly prescribes and is supposed to have some dopamine activity. I’ve been on it for a month now and have no complaints.

Wellbutrin is the only on I know of that is commonly prescribes and is supposed to have some dopamine activity. I’ve been on it for a month now and have no complaints.

I'm interested in this AD, are there any side-effects?

Wellbutrin stands out for being relatively side effect free compared to other ADs. None of the sexual side effects and it works in days not weeks. However, it can make one a little Re Ed up and therefore increase anxiety at first so it is rarely prescribed for depression with anxiety. That said, I had depression with anxiety and didn’t have any issue. We simply ramped up slowly week after week.

also, it will remove cravings to smoke if that’s an issue.

i think it’s the only AD worth a damn.

Wellbutrin stands out for being relatively side effect free compared to other ADs. None of the sexual side effects and it works in days not weeks. However, it can make one a little Re Ed up and therefore increase anxiety at first so it is rarely prescribed for depression with anxiety. That said, I had depression with anxiety and didn’t have any issue. We simply ramped up slowly week after week.

also, it will remove cravings to smoke if that’s an issue.

i think it’s the only AD worth a damn.

I vape so I think it will be unsuitable :(

What do you mean. You vape weed so thing wellbutrin won't be a good fit?

I love wellbutrin. So much that i abused it and got taken off it.

It definitely increases libido, IME. I don't carry much anxiety so it was perfect for me. Sort of off label for ADD too.

What do you mean. You vape weed so thing wellbutrin won't be a good fit?

I love wellbutrin. So much that i abused it and got taken off it.

It definitely increases libido, IME. I don't carry much anxiety so it was perfect for me. Sort of off label for ADD too.

Vape as in e-cigarette.. it contains nicotine.

Dude wellbutrin is an.. i forget the word.. smoking succession aid?

It helps people quit smoking.