• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Chlorzoxazone, methocarbamol or soma?

~edemon

Bluelighter
All are skeletal muscle relaxants, but how do the strengths of the three compare? Thank you.

I'd also like to know! A friend tells me chlorzoxazone and soma (in their usual pill strength) are more or less identical, but I'd like to hear more...

Tried soma once after raiding my friend's medicine cabinet. Took 2.5 soma, snorted some codeine, and went to english class. It felt like I was just really dumbed down... just like on any kind of painkillers. I managed to fall asleep while the teacher was making direct eye contact with me and talking to me. LOL!

Originally posted by GottaTryItOnce:
Tried soma once after raiding my friend's medicine cabinet. Took 2.5 soma, snorted some codeine, and went to english class. It felt like I was just really dumbed down... just like on any kind of painkillers. I managed to fall asleep while the teacher was making direct eye contact with me and talking to me. LOL!
Snorted codiene? I am assuming that it was tylenol 3's, or something of that nature, and not pure codiene. Unless you can get pure tabs, snorting is a waste, and hard on the sinuses. In the future, just eat it.

Here's my experience with two of the three...
One of these experiences is taking place as we speak...
SWIM has been a full blown coke maestro for a long, long, long time...
A day in coke world is 20 in human world.
SWIM ALWAYS endured the comedown, the brutal brutal comedown associated with the snow...
It's part of the ritual...
Until introduced to downers!
SWIM must say, there is no better buzz than doing a ton, ton, ton of cola and then easing out of it with a nice benzo and/or painkiller and/or muscle relaxant...
Soma put SWIM to sleep, end of story...
Carisoprodol, yuck!
But, that was just eating them alone...
Right now, SWIM is blown on yay to the yizzo, and after two pretty green metho'z, I feel like a million bucks...
It's not real safe, but hey, is ANYTHING?
Peace.

i got a bottle of methocarbamol from my doctor after a suffering whiplash, i never took them but about 6 months later i started taking them, never realy did anything for me. although i had a slight mood lift, this though was most likely placebo effect.

I don't really understand how people catch anything from these - 100% placebo perhaps? I mean, I have taken ungodly amounts of Soma (which would probably be the most potent of the 3) and I never got any type of defined 'buzz' .. oh well, it's one script I can always sell, people pay good money for those - weather they are catching a buzz I don't know (or care) about - they pay me money and it's one script I don't tap into..

Dunno about the others, but much of carisoprodal's (Soma's) activity is believed to be due to one of its metabolite, meprobamate, aka "Miltown," and old-school downer. Gayest trade name for a drug ever invented, if you ask me, but it was big in the 50s I think. There is significant variance in one of the enzymes responsible for this conversion... this probably accounts for the wide variety of individual responses to it.
I personally enjoy Soma mainly because it significantly improves an opioid experience for me.. get little out of it normally. But an experienced drug-using friends loves it for the feeling of "utter peace and tranquility" it gives him.

I don't find these the bit desireble on there lonesome, but they are a "complimentry drug". I don't mind taking carisoprodol with say a few vics from time to time.
[ 02 February 2002: Message edited by: drCipher ]

See, even with other narcotics I don't find these produce any more of a defined buzz .. when I was first prescribed these and I had Roxicodone (OxyIR) prescribed for the breakthrough, I would ALWAYS take these together - I never caught any more of a buzz from it... but as I said, to each his own, people OBVIOUSLY catch some type of buzz or I wouldn't have people begging to pay $4 for a single pill..

Let me start by saying that Carisoprodol aka SOMA is the best possible potenator for opiates/opioids EVER!! you can’t beat it.

Anyone saying soma does not get you high as fuck doesn’t know what they are talking about. This muscle relaxer is so recreational I’m surprised they didn’t take it off the market sooner.
I used to be prescribed these and after taking 2 or 3 I was fucking drooling like a fool high as a kite.
Here is the secret nobody knows, I found this out on accident. If you take soma and also take ASPRIN with it, the asprin potenates the Carisoprodol like you wouldn’t believe!!!!!!!!
I could take 1 or 2 soma ( instead of my usual oh idk 5-8 at a time) and an asprin or two and be so high I couldn’t put words together, drooling and looking like I had a labotomy lol definitely not a placebo.
Actually a small amount of asprin is used in the filler of the pill for this reason. But the doctors and drug companies didn’t want people to know that ASPRIN POTENATES CARISOPRODOL like Carisoprodol potentates opiates.

If you can get your hands on Soma now a days you get as much of that shit as you can cause it’s nearly impossible to get now.
See it used to be a medication called Mandrakes/Miltown and they took that off the market due to abuse, much similar to qualudes.
And what they did was tweek it and change the formula.
But here is the funny thing, when you take Carisoprodol it metabolizes in ur body and turns into…. You guessed it Mandrake/Miltown! That’s how the drug companies got around it so once metabolized it is the same exact drug. What a world.
As a prominent drug user of all sorts, a poly user of you will, I have nothing but great things to say about soma/Carisoprodol.