• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Chillum\bowl question

LuGoJ

Bluelighter
Lately i've been been finding my bowls and chillums are getting caked with resin at a very fast rate. I'm not sure if it's because I'm just getting more sensitive to the taste of resin when smoking, but I find this thing is completely un-smokeable after 2 or 3 uses due to the pungent and bitter flavor of resin that comes through, so bad that I have to brush my teeth right after or I have this horrible lingering aftertaste. I'm starting to think it's the weed i'm getting or something.

Part of the reason I think it's the weed is because I simply don't remember it being this way for the prior 15 years I've been puffing. I remember smoking out of a bowl for weeks without having this nasty shit happen. Am I just getting old and senile or is it possible my dealer is spraying his weed with some shit to add weight that's causing this disgusting tasting resin to form?

You're probably becoming very sensitive to the different taste in weed. You most likely need to buy a new pipe or clean the current one you're using. An easy way to find out of it's the weed you are getting or just your mind is to smoke it in a zoot alone. Pretty obvious what it should taste like and if there is a strong after taste after a few tokes then it is the weed, if not you can't blame the dealer.

My advice change chillum first (or at least attempt to clean it), if not change dealer. There's little else you can do.

On a random note. Years ago a guy showed me how to make a little bit of weed take like resin. He took a small ball of weed put it in the middle of a zoot and lined wet tobacco on both side of the ganja. Far more tobacco than cannabis but the taste of resin was potent. Nasty shit.

You're probably becoming very sensitive to the different taste in weed. You most likely need to buy a new pipe or clean the current one you're using. An easy way to find out of it's the weed you are getting or just your mind is to smoke it in a zoot alone. Pretty obvious what it should taste like and if there is a strong after taste after a few tokes then it is the weed, if not you can't blame the dealer.

My advice change chillum first (or at least attempt to clean it), if not change dealer. There's little else you can do.

On a random note. Years ago a guy showed me how to make a little bit of weed take like resin. He took a small ball of weed put it in the middle of a zoot and lined wet tobacco on both side of the ganja. Far more tobacco than cannabis but the taste of resin was potent. Nasty shit.

The weed taste fine upon first use once it's been cleaned but when I smoke the second time the smoke will taste all nasty and resiny. Maybe i'm just getting more sensitive to the taste of resin or something.

Now that I think of it, i was smoking out of a bong for 6 months before i go this new chillum. Maybe I just got to accustomed to the clean tasting smoke that's produced, and just can't go back to smoking out a chillum/bowl that isn't freshly cleaned.

I had to google what a chillum is.
I'll be honest, I do not see the appeal at all. Would you mind telling me why you would choose something like this over a standard pipe or bong?

I had to google what a chillum is.
I'll be honest, I do not see the appeal at all. Would you mind telling me why you would choose something like this over a standard pipe or bong?

I'm not sure what you saw but it's just a glass 1 hitter, essentially a pipe without the bowl portion. They are good traveling and smoking in public.

Chillum-psd8716.png

I do also have a regular pipe and I have the same issue. I'm now starting to think this is all just because I got used to smoking out of a bong for so long, almost always produces a clean tasting smoke if the water is clean.

Yeah that's exactly what I saw and I still don't really understand the appeal :|
From what I saw, people have to hold it in such a way that it sticks up vertically which seems really akward to me. I had a one hitter similiar to that before and I hated it after a couple uses since it just seemed so impractical compared to a small pipe.
Weed would fall out, I had to crane my neck to the side and hold my lips in a weird way AND it was more difficult to hold while attempting to light it.
The only scenario I can think of where this would be useful is smoking while laying down.

I mean, to each their own and such.

As for the taste, maybe you should try using your bong again for a few rounds to see if you can go longr without cleaning it before it tastes funky. If it still does after only a few sessions; you can rule out the device as the cause. I don't have this issue myself personaly.

It's just a pipe you hold a different kind of way. I don't see the lack of appeal...

That's fine! I'm not saying that anyone shouldn't use whatever the hell they like for their choice of smoking accessories.
Just doesn't fit my taste, that's all.