Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Chicane... i am a little obsessed.

WarChild

Bluelighter
Hey Aus Bluelighters!

Who saw Chicane when he was here back in (i think) 2009 at Stereosonic?

I love Chicane... he is the soundtrack to my life. Next time he comes to Australia i'm going to pose as a limo driver and wave his name around when he gets off the plane, kidnap him and force him to do a private set in my bedroom.

Nah but in all seriousness i adore EVERY piece of music he has ever written and ALL of his albums are genius. I actually literally shed tears during his set, it was just so amazing. Goose bumps over my whole body and absolute elation - and I was TOTALLY sober!!!

Please reply to this email if you want Chicane to tour Aus again and if we get enough interest i'll send the results to Armada (his label) and perhaps lobby stereosonic to bring him out again.

Did i mention i'm a bit obsessed?

Chicane is a musical genius. Nuff said.

WC

Armada is actually Armin van Buuren's Record Label.. Most of Chicane's releases have previously been released under Xtravaganze Records and any recent releases have been under Chicane's own label Modena Records... (Armada helps with distribution of Modena Records but is it's own label)

Tracks like Saltwater, Offshore, No Ordinary Morning, and many others almost make me feel like i'm on a pill, they affect me so much! They are the soundtrack to my life. He has officially released 5 albums (one album he didn't release because it got pirated before the release date and spread like wildfire, so they decided it wouldn't sell well and didn't put it out there,but i've heard that he is going to re-master it and release it at some point). I really think Nick (Chicane's real name) is a musical genius.... like what Tchaikovsky would've been like if he had a Macbook, Logic Audio, a bunch of Moog Keyboards and Synths. I love chucking on all my chicane CD's on a long drive and just cruising along to the music. I feel so privilidged to have seen him live - not that many people see their ABSOLUTE favourite act live. I nearly wet myself when he came onto stage - i was RIGHT up the front. It was only a 30minute set which was annoying but it fucken ROCKED. I LOVE Chicane!

One of my all time favorites from back in the day esp. Offshore you have very good taste Warchild! 2009? I guess? That is a fairly recent date to be quite frank I've been a fan since around... well offshore so 97. I assume you have also been a fan from that era? He has played down under before 2009 I'm sure... so I'm guessing 2009 was his last appearance down under?

Did see him in Ibiza many years ago but hard drugs do make memory a little less sharp especially MD check http://chicanemusic.co.uk/ and maybe plead your case directly to the man. Seems he's got a fairly full schedule over the next 12 months so good luck. If your that keen and can get to the UK by like the next couple of days get some tickets http://chicanemusic.co.uk/2013/09/chicane-sun-sets-and-supperclub. I think the guy just does what he likes and this may be what he's going to be doing more of rather than festivals.

Last edited: