• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Chicago - Places to see electronic music that's not house or techno?

I Care Because You Do

Bluelighter
I'm a recent (one month) transplant to Chicago. I'm well aware of the plethora of places to see more club-oriented music (house, techno, dubstep, drum n bass, etc), but I'm wondering how to find parties or events that host "other" kinds of electronic music. Stuff that's more beat-oriented, or more "experimental"... Like stuff you would find on Warp, Rephlex, Ninja Tune, etc. I'm sure that these parties exist, and I'm sure they're harder to find than just going to Smart, Sound, Primary, The Mid and catching some standard (but good!) house or techno. I like these kinds of places, and I like dancing and all that, but my main love is more "interesting" electronic music. (Please - I'm not trying to start a debate over whether house music is "interesting" or not - you know what I mean.) Thanks!

Edit - I should probably mention that some of the reason for this is that I don't know too many people here yet, and am trying to meet people, which is pretty hard to do in a small club setting with no real quieter sections.

Last edited:
um, wavefront music fest is soon....you could check that out. it's on montrose beach.

just google it.