• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Chewing bud, weird taste/sensation

Billard

Bluelighter
Okay i don't smoke anymore and i haven't smoked but 3 hits in 5 months and i use to be the biggest pot head ever but had to quit due to it giving me awful anxiety and making me scared and not feel right anymore, but my buddy gave me a .7 nug of blueberry for a ride to work and back home today, i wanted 10 bucks but all he had was bud on him, so i took it. It was one nug, one stem, sorta dense yet fluffy, and barely had any leaf, typical medical stuff, smelled like a spicy blueberry pie if that makes since, and me being scared to smoke it decided fuck it, il chew a bowl of it up in my mouth, kinda stupid i know, but i slowly wanna get bud back in my life again. So i crack the bottom nug off like a .3 and start chewing, at first it was like wow this taste good, it had a piney blueberry taste so i chewed it up for like 15 mins then spit it out. After that i noticed my tongue starting to like almost burn a little bit, like i ate something spicy, or smoked the tobacco out of a cigar, like that tingle, slight burn. I told him about it and he said it's clean bud as far as he know's, said it smokes good, no headache, none of that. So he chewed a peice and it happend to him too. So were wondering is there something wrong with the bud? I chewed bud before and it tasted like it smelled always, but i never got the tingling sensation till today. Only thing i can think of is it's prob what ever nutrients they used to grow it, or it wasn't properly flushed, but i burned a little hit's worth and it was clean white slightly gray ash, so i dont know.. Any idea's why it's tingling my tongue when i chew on it? It's just straight raw bud im chewing, it's properly dried and cured far as i can tell. Im thinking it's the stuff they used to grow it, and i know the guy he gets it from, it's actullay my cousin, who i grabbed from for a few years before i stopped, and his stuff is always legit, he'd never lace it, he really is a good guy, true stoner who looks out for people allllllll the time, and i even looked under my microscope and i don't see anything at all but some clear and some amber crystals, so dont say it's laced..

Last edited:
Well I've never chewed up bud before, was this your first time doing this? To me it seems more probable that since chewing weed is so uncommon that this is the typical reaction to chewing on bud, don't forget there are a hell of a lot of different cannabinoid and terpenes, things like that. I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you.

This doesn't sound that weird to me either.

I use to get a rash on my skin during trimming of a harvest, a harvest that was 100% organic soil grown flower. I think it's normal to have a slight allergy to flowers, especially if they are fresh.

Actually that's a good point w01fg4ng, it's possible that the OP has some kind of hay fever/pollen allergy type of thing. I know I do and harvest time is a very itchy time for me

^ It is very similar to a pollen allergy. Oviously there isn't the male sex "pollen" found on the female flower, but as you said before there are a hell of a lot of terps and cannabinoids in fresh flowers to cause very similar issues.

OP is a pioneer of sorts, but it does sound normal.

I would try it myself but I don't known if I'll be able to smoke it afterwards so I'll have to wait til it's more plentiful.

Well back when i smoked heavily, i would grab once a week, and out of evey new batch i would take a little nug, like .2 and chew on it. Sorta testing the waters i guess and to taste it.. Only thing im allergic to is ibuprofen. I've chewed up atleast 100 kinds of bud over the years, like i said just for taste and to test the waters.. One of my other friends does it too when he is somewhere he cant smoke, we know it don't get you high, but if it's potent enough and you chew a little bud you will get a slight buzz, like chewing on a good stem.. It's pretty unheard of though i guess to chew on straight bud.. But I've never ever had it make my mouth tingle and burn like this stuff did. It was sorta fresh, it wasn't fresh off the plant, it was cured and burned great actullay but was sorta sticky and kinda wet still, you know just some good fresh bud that's ready to smoke.. I thought it might of been what they used to grow it with, now you guys mention it though, it coulda been just the terps and noids.. I no longer got it anymore i gave my buddy's ma who got copd lung cancer stage 3 my last nug and she smoked it and enjoyed it, said she actullay slept through the night and ate dinner that night.. Maybe if you guys come across some extra bud, it don't take much just like half a bowl, chew on it. Not dry bud though, that would be a mess it has to have some moisture, and let me know if it tingles your mouth like cigar tobacco would, but like i said it was only this one batch that did it, so hard telling, guess im gonna mark it up as the terps and noids as it was some blueberry bud and smelled like spicy blueberrys..

That's quite interesting that after doing it so many times you only came across 1 that was like that, that makes me think it's less likely to be due to it not being flushed or something like that because you probably would've come across it more often. I definitely need to try this as soon as I can