• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Chewed tongue after taking e

ctk527

Greenlighter
Hi all, first post here. Just looking for some help.

Went to EDC over the weekend (amazing), and while I was there, I took 2 fairly strong pills. This was my second time, as I don't delve into hard drugs very often.

Anyway, after a good 6 or so hours of rolling, my tongue was destroyed. I didn't really notice the full effects until a few days later, so I'm pretty sure it got infected. I can't eat or talk because it hurts too much and I don't want to irritate it. It's really becoming a huge nuisance in my life, and I'm just generally tired of it. Are there ANY tips you guys can offer me to cure/soothe the pain even a little bit?

I've been using Peroxyl (hydrogen peroxide mouthwash) since yesterday and that seems to help a bit. I've also been regularly washing my mouth out with salt water.

Any tips would help. Thanks!

Pretty much just keep doing what you're doing, and your tongue will heal. The tongue heals really quickly actually, although I still have zig-zag ridges on the sides of my tongue from my E days. To reduce the amount of mouth action while on E, take a magnesium supplement beforehand, and have plenty of gum or something else to chew on.

Pacifiers look stupid, but feel heavenly when you're completely munted. Especially if you can chill them a bit beforehand.

ah i remember making a thread like this back in the day when i first joined. looks like it got deleted during the prune... i jsut searched for it.

well salt water probably helps. orajel is good too. it really just takes time and not eating salty or acidic foods taht might irritate the sores. try and keep your mouth/tongue as still as you can.

If it actually is not infected, stop with the hydrogen peroxide and salt water. Those will be counterproductive if they are only affecting your healing tissue.

Hi all, first post here. Just looking for some help.

Went to EDC over the weekend (amazing), and while I was there, I took 2 fairly strong pills. This was my second time, as I don't delve into hard drugs very often.

Anyway, after a good 6 or so hours of rolling, my tongue was destroyed. I didn't really notice the full effects until a few days later, so I'm pretty sure it got infected. I can't eat or talk because it hurts too much and I don't want to irritate it. It's really becoming a huge nuisance in my life, and I'm just generally tired of it. Are there ANY tips you guys can offer me to cure/soothe the pain even a little bit?

I've been using Peroxyl (hydrogen peroxide mouthwash) since yesterday and that seems to help a bit. I've also been regularly washing my mouth out with salt water.

Any tips would help. Thanks!

You are not saying what are the symptoms with your tongue, just that it got destroyed. What does that mean? Do you have open sores, does it only hurt badly, is it inflamed, has it gone rigid? What exactly is that is wrong?

You are not saying what are the symptoms with your tongue, just that it got destroyed. What does that mean? Do you have open sores, does it only hurt badly, is it inflamed, has it gone rigid? What exactly is that is wrong?

Thank you for pointing this out. It's swollen for the most part. I can feel ridges and what not. Overall it's jsut swollen, hurts to the touch (which is difficult cause the mouth isn't a very big place), and just a general annoyance.

^^^Seems like the muscles of the tongue have contracted due to the use of e-and stayed contracted. See if you can get someone to work on your cervical area (neck) or place a hot pad on both front and back of neck (a wheat pad after you heat it in the microwave). Keep reheating it, it has to be quite hot, but use a cloth to protect your skin.
If any convulsive movements of the head start when it is releasing, allow it to occur and go with it, don't be scared, just keep breathing until it releases completely. Dont' use e-it does not agree with you.

Just try it and see how you go!! Nothing to lose!

PS>Does the tip of the tongue feels odd too?

Also use the heat pads on the side of neck! Keep on for a while it may take some time for them to release!

view some anatomical areas!

http://www.face-and-emotion.com/dataface/anatomy/tonguemuscles.jsp

http://thediagram.com/3_6/some_of.html

http://www.yorku.ca/earmstro/journey/tongue.html

Since it is only enlarged (swollen) with ridges, and not having lacerations as such-I don't see how any salt or hydrogen peroxide will do anything to help you. It actually indicates that through the nervous system, the ligaments and muscles of the tongue have contracted. If there is also tingling or pain in the tip it is a further indication.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Hmmmm....warm water and salt not helping? Maybe your tongue just needs even more time to heal. I'd be constantly gargling before when I'd get sore tongue from partying and it would take maybe 3-4 days before I could eat normally and feel no irritation and swolleness.

Meth bomb. I read a story about a girl who took 2 pills and had a fairly high tolerance, and she woke up with no memory of the night at all and her tounge huge and swollen and bloody and chunks were missing out of her cheeks. Scary as fuck.

I won't forget this one time I was rolling. My tongue hurt like hell, but I thought nothing of it. Someone I didn't even know gave me a stick or two of gum, I started chewing it immediately. I just remember thinking, "That gum is really making my tongue feel better, for some stupid reason..."

Soooo....always have gum with you while rolling. Gum, plastic straws, a binky, anything to chew on.

Take a magnesium supplement - this helps relax the smaller muscle groups (your face) and you won’t chew/grind your teeth as much! If you have chewed your mouth to bits - for instant relief dissolve a pain killer and swill your mouth out with it/gargle and this will kill the pain of ulcers or sores from chewing. Go to the chemist/drug store and ask for a spray for sore mouths (difflam mouth spray is amazing) takes the pain away in seconds, antiseptic and doesn’t taste too bad either.

Chewing gum is perfect - when rolling !

(salt or non medicated mouthwash will only aggrivate the sores (imo))

Hope that helps

Last edited:
You are not saying what are the symptoms with your tongue, just that it got destroyed.

What does that mean? Do you have open sores, does it only hurt badly, is it inflamed, has it gone rigid? What exactly is that is wrong?[/QUOTE]

Thank you for pointing this out. It's swollen for the most part.
I can feel ridges and what not. Overall it's jsut swollen, hurts to the touch (which is difficult cause the mouth isn't a very big place), and just a general annoyance.[/QUOTE]

>>>I don't think anyone is reading your words correctly ctk-they don't seem to get it that you don't have infection or lacerations nor imflamation, but tightened/swollen/painfull. :\ Hence, they keep tellling you to do the wrong things-as for infection. :| .....except the ones who tell you to stop using what you are using when it is not infected....and the poster above^ is sound!!
.....and if you can't get gum, also use a baby pacifier (when no one is around =D)

Last edited:
Thank you for pointing this out. It's swollen for the most part. I can feel ridges and what not. Overall it's jsut swollen, hurts to the touch (which is difficult cause the mouth isn't a very big place), and just a general annoyance.

So....your tongue feeling all better now?

I won't forget this one time I was rolling. My tongue hurt like hell, but I thought nothing of it. Someone I didn't even know gave me a stick or two of gum, I started chewing it immediately. I just remember thinking, "That gum is really making my tongue feel better, for some stupid reason..."

Soooo....always have gum with you while rolling. Gum, plastic straws, a binky, anything to chew on.

NO plastic straws, unless you want your mouth all cut up by the morning!!!!!

One of the primary and less desirable effects of MDMA is mild to extreme jaw clenching (trisma), tongue and cheek chewing, and teeth grinding (bruxia)

Magnesium supplements prior to taking MDMA has been reported to reduce the muscle tension. Chewing on gum or a pacifier is also a simple way to protect your mouth

Holy dog shit! Actual drug discussion.

And I thought "Healthy Living" was, like, the 12th step--meant for those who kicked their drug habit, but can't kick Bluelight.

Been there and done that. Just rinse often with warm salt water and it will heal on its own.

I should start a blog and warn people about this. Over the weekend I took some e and around six am when I was coming down my tongue felt horrible. Didn't even feel it until then, but I went to the ER because I didn't know why it hurt so intensely. Did anyone ever get antibiotics for this and have weird symptoms? My bottom teeth have been feeling like they're full of bits of food, they're so irritated. And I still can't eat anything. I know I'm several years behind this post, but maybe some of you guys can help? The tissue on my tongue is turning from white to a little green color and idk if that's normal