• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Chest pains after Adrafinil and DXM

anon091

Greenlighter
First off I'd like to preface this by saying I am going to see a doctor, but in the meantime I'm just looking to see if anybody has had a similar experience.

I stupidly took some adrafinil in the morning before work and when I got home (having forgotten about the adrafinil) took 450mg dxm. All good. A few hours later I decide to redose another 300mg. Shortly after my heart is racing, my blood pressure is super high. My skin was itching and burning. My sinuses were congested from the blood pressure. My chest hurt and I could feel my pulse through out my whole body. I tested my HR at a few points and it was around 150-160 resting. I managed to get a 1mg kpin which gave relief. I probably would have went to the ER if I didn't have the benzo.

Felt fine the next day, but the following week I' get some random pangs in my chest. Kinda wrote it off as my heart being sore from the whole ordeal. It's been 2 weeks and I'm still getting some pains, they come and go and are mostly on my left side but they do happen on the center and right side. All of this plays into my anxiety which makes the whole situation worse.

Does anybody have similar experiences with a stimulate/dxm overdose and chest pains the following days? I'm making an appointment with my doctor but I'm just wondering if anybody else could provide some input on their experience and what to expect?

I've quit nicotine and cut back my coffee in hopes to help resolve the issue​

Thanks for reading

Unfortunately, the only responsible answer to such an issue is to advise immediate medical attention. It could be a massive heart attack or it could be gas. Everyone is different and just about anything can cause a panic attack or similar even leading to a feeling of pain or tightness in the chest. I'd like to know how things went and I also want to apologize for the belated answer. This is a failure on my part so I'm hoping you can accept the apology and still have some trust in us :)

Its extremely important to rule out anything serious with a doctor but most likely anxiety driven, you panicked because of the heart rate and that created an spiral of anxiety in which you think you damaged your heart and the anxiety creates "chest pain" this is not uncommon among stimulant users such as MDMA, cocaine, amphetamine, even psychedelic and marihuana users who have bad trips involving heart rate without any of them having anything wrong with their heart, if you are young and fit its extremely unlikely you did damage severe enough to have chest pains with this episode, I went through the same thing with an MDMA bad trip, and I panicked for months and had chest pains constantly and im talking SEVERE pain right on the heart area, after having several ecgs, echocardiograms, several cardiologists consults etc... obsessively learning about irregular heart rythms, buying an oximeter and monitoring heart rythm obssesively, checking blood pressure several times a day I was finally reassured my heart was in excellent shape and the pain magically dissapeared, if you are a person who tends to be anxious its the most likely explanation, the first thing obviously is to check with a doctor, not only because it will rule out anything serious but because it will help put the anxiety to rest, if its been 2 weeks its definetly not a massive heart attack or gas either, some heart conditions do cause chronic pain but its pretty uncommon, if you are feeling constant pressure/pain on chest area its extremely unlikely to be a heart condition, heart diseases that cause chest pain usually cause the pain when oxygen flow is restricted to the cardiac muscle such as in a heart attack or with atherosclerosis.