• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Chest pain/shortness of breath 3 weeks post MDMA use HELP?!

CG17

Greenlighter
OK so 3 weeks ago me and some friends went clubbing and did some pills... they were branded 'purple teslas' and were suppose to be pretty strong... throughout the duration of the night I stupidly took 2 and a half. When the morning came I hadn't slept and began walking home from my friends suddenly I felt my heart drop and my chest numbed up and had a really tight pain over the left side of my chest and my heart seemed all over the place. Luckily my friend managed to calm me down and got me home safely. These symptoms then continued for a whole week STRAIGHT. When the week passed I started to feel better and the pain subsided but I still felt a little short for breath. THEN 4 days on I woke up and the pain was back. I got really scared and called an ambulance as I thought I was suffering a heart attack. I had 3 ecg's ran, blood tests and a chest x ray which all indicated that NOTHING was wrong with my heart, put the pain was still hurting SO much and I still found my breathing was difficult. It is still happening as we speak and although I feel like I am slowly dying no medical professional can see anything wrong!!! I just need someones input/advice? Has anyone else experienced this and if so will it end soon? PLEASE I could really do with some reassurance here guys?

New and looking for urgent advice - please read!

OK so 3 weeks ago me and some friends went clubbing and did some pills... they were branded 'purple teslas' and were suppose to be pretty strong... throughout the duration of the night I stupidly took 2 and a half. When the morning came I hadn't slept and began walking home from my friends suddenly I felt my heart drop and my chest numbed up and had a really tight pain over the left side of my chest and my heart seemed all over the place. Luckily my friend managed to calm me down and got me home safely. These symptoms then continued for a whole week STRAIGHT. When the week passed I started to feel better and the pain subsided but I still felt a little short for breath. THEN 4 days on I woke up and the pain was back. I got really scared and called an ambulance as I thought I was suffering a heart attack. I had 3 ecg's ran, blood tests and a chest x ray which all indicated that NOTHING was wrong with my heart, put the pain was still hurting SO much and I still found my breathing was difficult. It is still happening as we speak and although I feel like I am slowly dying no medical professional can see anything wrong!!! I just need someones input/advice? Has anyone else experienced this and if so will it end soon? PLEASE I could really do with some reassurance here guys?

This could be down to a number of factors.

Were you dancing ? Were you just sitting down? Were you hydrated? Had you ate? Are you physically fit?

You may have been sitting in an uncomfortable position when using, you wouldn't notice this because of the high dose of MDMA (the teslas are around 180 / 220mg) - you stand up and get the blood rush, you come down and the aches and pains hit. Due to you being high this causes you to panic , this shoots your heart rate up, this causes you to panic further and this makes you focus on the pain and this can continue as long as you allow it.

We have a MDMA section here - if you wish to copy your message there you can and see if anyone else has had the same thing.

You may have pulled a muscle in your rib cage (which can take months to heal) can feel like a burning pain in the chest etc but if you have been to see a doctor they would have checked for this.

I wish you a speed recovery and welcome you to the site

Bearlove

Thanks for the reply Bearlove... yes I was dancing... alot I think and I was drinking water steadily throughout the night and yes I workout regularly and would consider myself a fairly fit person. Its just that its been 3 weeks now and this pain in my chest is really uncomfortable and not to mention my breathing.
A lot of people keep telling me oh its anxiety or iv'e pulled a muscle but iv'e never had anything like this until I took those pills which worries me more. The blood tests ecg's and chest x ray couldn't find anything wrong with my heart so can I really exclude that?
Have you ever taken pills and had similar experiences?

They could exclude a pulled muscle (it's soft tissue so doesn't show on the typical xray).

If you think about it - what can you ingest that would cause you lasting pain like you describe ? What would it be ? Muscle damage, bone damage, heart damage - what could cause it ? Out of all the adulterants out there what could do this ? I personally do not know of anything. (I'm admin of the site pillreports.net so I do know a bit about pills)

Once you rule out the contents of the pill - you then have to look at what you were doing. If you were dancing about, sitting in the wrong position etc then this can tear a muscle, twist a joint etc and these can take months to heal (and longer if the pain hits you on the come down)

I have taken pills before, I've woken up in the strangest of positions and twisted arms, legs, back, shoulders, neck etc - I've come down unable walk etc, it passes though.

You know yourself better than a web site though.

Please do not read this post as a just 'tough it out' post, it is not meant that way at all and my comments should not put you off seeking medical help if you think you need it.

It's probably anxiety. Try to do some cardio, seems to help with the comedown :)
Also eat healthy, and try to relax, don't think about it. Don't do drugs for a couple of months (this includes weed and alcohol).

Do you have access to an anxiolytic? (like Klonopin). A LOW DOSE could probably help, but ask a doctor first, just in case.

Sorry I cannot merge your post with your new one, but I hope the Mods can do so.

(moved from NMI)

These are all symptoms of anxiety. Nothing is physically wrong with you. If it continues to bother you and interfere with your life seek medical attention from a psychiatrist.

Could be signs of severe anxiety/panic, especially if docs said nothing wrong with your heart. An easy way to test it is to take short acting anxiety medication (alprazolam, diazepam, etc - you GP can prescribe it) and if you see your symptoms improve within an hour or two, probably there isn't more to it. It could be an overexcited/stuck nerve causing the pain.