• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Chemical Extraction Of Morphine Sulphate from MS-Contin

HongKingHogg

Greenlighter
Greetings,

Does anyone know the best way (step by step) how to chemically extract Morphine Sulphate from ABG MS-Contin 100mg Tablets?

I’ve looked around and haven’t found any good information... i could have sworn i saw a lot of threads about this subject in various places on the internet a few years ago, but it almost seems like they’ve all disappeared or have been excluded from search results.

I am also wondering if Morphine Sulphate can be directly acetylated with Acetic Anhydride to yield Diamorphine? Or does it have to be converted back to a base before acetylating it? And would the final product be Diamorphine Acetate?

Thank you to anyone that has some solid input to add! (If this is in the wrong thread I apologize in advance!)

hello and welcome to bluelight, if you are looking to make the ER version IR the best thing you can do is chew them, there was a thing with leaving them in cola over the night to cheat the release system but idk if this is a myth or true, when I was doing morphine ER formulations I would always chew them.

but the diamorphine question might fall under synthesis discusion which is not really allowed here.

It's ok, it's not in the wrong thread, you can find more rules here at the Bluelight User Agreement.

hello and welcome to bluelight, if you are looking to make the ER version IR the best thing you can do is chew them, there was a thing with leaving them in cola over the night to cheat the release system but idk if this is a myth or true, when I was doing morphine ER formulations I would always chew them.

but the diamorphine question might fall under synthesis discusion which is not really allowed here.

It's ok, it's not in the wrong thread, you can find more rules here at the Bluelight User Agreement.

Thank you for the info my friend... synthesis questions are not allowed here on bluelight? Or just not in the BDD thread? And if it isnt allowed do you know anywhere or anyone who knows about this kind of thing?

not on bluelight at all, but you can find details like this on the clearnet even through google

not on bluelight at all, but you can find details like this on the clearnet even through google
Damn... yeah, i’ve looked everywhere i can think of and searched every way i can dream up to find info on how to clean up ms-contin to end up with pure morphine sulphate using basic chemical extraction techniques (like using polar and non-polar solvents) and i always come up empty handed. I guess the main question would be if i were to suspend the morphine sulphate in a polar solvent like acetone and filtered it would i end up with pure morphine sulphate? Or would the goop screw it up? Or if i made a polar and a non-polar layer would the goop separate?