• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Cheating: The Poll to End All Polls (and some relationships).

Have you cheated? If so, for what reason(s), did you feel guilty and would you do it again?

• I cheated because I enjoyed the excitement of sneaking around and did feel guilty.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I cheated because I enjoyed the excitement of sneaking around and did NOT feel guilty.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I cheated because I was unfulfilled (sexually, emotionally etc.), did feel guilty.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I cheated because I was unfulfilled (sexually, emotionally etc.), did NOT feel guilty.

• I cheated because I have a sex addiction, did feel/have felt guilty.

• I cheated because I have a sex addiction, did NOT feel guilty.

• I cheated "by accident" (spontaneously) and did feel guilty.

• I cheated "by accident" (spontaneously) dnd did NOT feel guilty.

• I cheated for another reason (feel free to specify).

• I have never cheated and have never felt the urge.

• My religion/morals/ethics prevent me from cheating but I still have and I felt guilty.

• My religion/morals/ethics prevent me from cheating but I still have and I DON'T feel guilty.

• I have been cheated on, have forgiven and have or could see myself cheating on a partner.

• I have been cheated on, couldn't forgive and could/would not cheat on a partner.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have been cheated on, couldn't forgive but could still cheat on a partner.

• I simply find cheating "hot" - it is a kink (please expand if you are able/comfortable).

• I have cheated for reasons of vanity (narcissistic fulfilment) and feel guilty.

• I have cheated for reasons of vanity (narcissistic fulfilment) and DON'T feel guilty.

• I have been cheated on, have forgiven and would not cheat on a partner.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

pharaoh

Bluelighter
Based on the thread* by @Rick_Johnson on cheating, I thought it would be interesting to conduct a poll based on some of the answers in the original thread, to get behind people's reasoning for cheating and how they have felt about it. I hope that people can vote anonymously and if not, could a mod please fix that?

Hopefully the possible answers are interesting and cover a lot of the ground that resulted from the thread. This is mainly aimed at people who have cheated but I will add three choices for those who have been cheated on that just came to mind. It is multiple choice as there are obviously multiple reasons as to why people do it. Feel free to explain if you are comfortable.

Have at it ye filthy scoundrels! Don't worry I will answer honestly myself as to not be a hypocrite.

*Link to the original thread: https://www.bluelight.org/community/threads/why-do-people-find-cheating-sex-hot.906061/

EDIT: added two more reasons.

Last edited:
Here are my answers:

I cheated because I was unfulfilled (sexually, emotionally etc.), did feel guilty. - Felt terrible about this, I did seek it out and it was a one night thing but my partner at the time found out and it really hurt her. I still feel shitty about it when thinking about it today.

I cheated because I have a sex addiction, did feel/have felt guilty. - I have bipolar disorder and although I mostly have mixed episodes (mania and depression), mania can tend to make me behave in ways that I wouldn't normally. I would go on benders, sometimes gamble which is completely out of character for me apart from the odd bet here and there for fun, would spend as if I was a millionaire and would also engage in promiscuous sex. Mania obviously gives the initial boost and then adding alcohol and other drugs is adding fuel to the fire. I don't know if I have a sex addiction or if it is mainly a part of my condition. I love sex and want to have it a lot but these experiences were different due to the compulsivity and the fact that I would not have engaged in such behaviour if I was in my right mind. This has happened in two or three serious/semi-serious relationships (the previous example had this factor too in that I was in a manic state and basically had a week of insanity) and I did feel guilty on every occasion, even though it hasn't happened many times in the grand scheme of things I don't think. Nowadays I am a lot calmer in every way and see it as less of a possibility.

I cheated "by accident" (spontaneously) and did feel guilty. - Happened a few times, too much drink, drugs and whatnot in a party atmosphere. Felt guilty but I don't think that this ever happened in serious relationships.

I have cheated for reasons of vanity (narcissistic fulfilment) and feel guilty. - Kinda. Like the first answer, I have felt unfulfilled, unappreciated and like I wasn't getting as much sex as I felt I needed and so I had flirted with women whilst in relationships, up to phone sex and once browsing Tinder, but I don't think I physically cheated as a result of this. It was a pathetic ego-stroke that I do feel guilty about for sure.

Last edited:
I think you missed I have been cheated on have forgiven and and would not cheat on a partner. That would have been my vote. 👍

I was cheated on and returned the favour. I would never normally cheat and felt guilty, and our relationship ended soom after.
I wouldn't cheat again.

I have been cheated on, didn't care much (so nothing to forgive), but still wouldn't cheat on a partner (for ethical reasons / selfimposed moral rules)

I haven’t been cheated on, to my knowledge, but I‘d likely forgive him, especially if it were just physical/not emotional. I’ve been in open relationships but I wouldn’t be in one again. I don’t think I could ever cheat on anyone & I’ve never been tempted. I hate lying & deception, & when I’m in love, I don‘t even notice other men.

I haven’t been cheated on, to my knowledge, but I‘d likely forgive him, especially if it were just physical/not emotional. I’ve been in open relationships but I wouldn’t be in one again. I don’t think I could ever cheat on anyone & I’ve never been tempted. I hate lying & deception, & when I’m in love, I don‘t even notice other men.
This ⬆️⬆️⬆️

The whole thing was convoluted and boring, I find it much more interesting being asexual and agender now.

Basically I was black out drunk and lied to that I slept with my boyfriend's friend but had to believe it anyway because it is wrong and then engaged in a delusional romance with said liar to try to make something of nothing

Oh yeah and the liar was cheating on me due to my severe ugliness

Last edited:
yeeeah ig narcisitic fulfulment is one way to say it. I'll be honest im hella hypocritical with this topic bc my wife she 19 im 25 we have a young daughter together and she was only with 4 ppl b4 me and i would never let her hang ojut with a dude at all and the thing is shes loyal asf i tbh really dont deserve such an amazing woman.. but at the same time ik i do..

but yeah ive cheated more times than i can count and im literally otw to my side chicks apt rn while my wife at home with the baby.... part of me feels bad lots of ways i dont. My gf must know but i always make it up to her with gifts or just loving on her, like ill a weekend her weekend, rub her feet, eat her pussy and ass, back rubs and just let her rest while i handle the house stuff (somehow i managed to not burn down the house almost did cooking ramen) so yeeah i never disrespect her like she never seees them other girls and if they disrespect her i cut them off

but i also feel like men cheating and women cheating are 2 completely different things. a women can not respect a man and cheat on him.. whereas i respect my lady im just a guy in my 20s i have a huge drive like one girl wont satisfy me i mean mostly but i need that new pussy to keep it fresh

yeeeah ig narcisitic fulfulment is one way to say it. I'll be honest im hella hypocritical with this topic bc my wife she 19 im 25 we have a young daughter together and she was only with 4 ppl b4 me and i would never let her hang ojut with a dude at all and the thing is shes loyal asf i tbh really dont deserve such an amazing woman.. but at the same time ik i do..

but yeah ive cheated more times than i can count and im literally otw to my side chicks apt rn while my wife at home with the baby.... part of me feels bad lots of ways i dont. My gf must know but i always make it up to her with gifts or just loving on her, like ill a weekend her weekend, rub her feet, eat her pussy and ass, back rubs and just let her rest while i handle the house stuff (somehow i managed to not burn down the house almost did cooking ramen) so yeeah i never disrespect her like she never seees them other girls and if they disrespect her i cut them off

but i also feel like men cheating and women cheating are 2 completely different things. a women can not respect a man and cheat on him.. whereas i respect my lady im just a guy in my 20s i have a huge drive like one girl wont satisfy me i mean mostly but i need that new pussy to keep it fresh
that's why i never cared much about this kind of love/partner/couple relationship. it's too much drama and people who were honest with each other before stop being it, and no matter how much they say they understand that the other has "needs" they seldom really do. and that's where the whole fairytale starts to go south