Chatting.....

e_GoTrip

Ex-Bluelighter
Well, it seems as though my work is done. I see that there is now a "official" chat room. I tried my best to provide a place to chat, and to those of you who supported me on that, Thanx. I am going to continue to keep the old room going in case anything should happen to the board again. But I probably won't be there. I hope the new one works well for us.
one last thing......
The words of Jase....
The reason I have very little motivation to create an offical (wtf does official mean anyway?) bluelight chat room is its very hard to actually meet people there..
I set one up a while ago and we averaged about one bluelighter in there at a time. Veyr occasionally when the timing was right we had about 5.
Stick to ICQ/AIM for you real time stuff. Its far less hassle...
Jase.
Later Guys
[This message has been edited by e_GoTrip (edited 07 January 2000).]

e_gotrip!! Your chat room was greatly appreciated! Shame that I was on at different times to everyone else, but I still managed to have some good conversations!!
Thanks for the effort!!!
Chalk

The only reason I did create one, is on this new web server theres a big button in the control panel which says "Install Java Chat Server".
It took about 30 seconds
smile.gif

Jase.

Yeah, the old chat room was great I thaught. I reckon it just needed more promotion and advertising and it might have worked better.
Try not to lose your motivation. Try and remember why you did it in the first place and then justify that as your motivation.
PEACE

e_Go, my love, stop being a dumb spazz. What would I do if I couldn't come and bore you several times a day with my incoherant, self-absorbed babbling???? I need you and yer bloody chatroom. Stop being ridiculous. I expect to see you there next time I go. In fact, I demand that you sit by your computer and wait for my arrival. Better hurry up and go there, I might be coming in soon!
Big kisses,
flux
(And don't expect to see me at the *new* chat room guys. Out of respect and love for e_GoTrip I don't plan to be there.
smile.gif
)

e_go... your chat room provided a service fo a lot of us... some of us even became regulars....
I hate to say this, but, e_goTrip and Flux. I love you 2, but if Jase can set up the chat room so it is more easily accessable... and more people know about it... more people are going to be chatting.... well, wasn't that the point? To get a chat room up and going for BLUELIGHTERS?
Don't look at it as a takeover... if your chat room had failed and no one came... Maybe Jase would not have included it on the new board. Look at it like... an upgrade. You really did get the ball rollin and that was great of you. I know you put a lot of work into it, and we all appreciate it.
We got what we wanted... a kick ass chat room. So I say go.... Don't be grumpy... check it out and chat.
Bluelight would not be bluelight without Jase. So Thank You e_goTrip and Jase for proving Bluelighters with a place to talk real time.
smile.gif

Couple more things to say:
1. I understand what Jase wuz trying to do, and I appreciate it. But I still think that it's pushing e_go aside a bit, and I know I'd be a little hurt if it happened to me.
2. I wish I could agree with you dazzle. I really do. But I thought that you of all people would understand.
3. In any case, I thought I'd look at the new room, try to be open-minded and all. It wouldn't let me in???
4. Iz there anyway that Jase can just change the link? There could still be a chatroom link at the top of bluelight, but it would go to e_go's room???
Just chew on these for a bit. I'm sure I'll be back with more....

P.S.
I would think Jase was an asshole if he did that to me. I know I would not be happy. I do understand, and was upset myself when e_goTrip told me about it.
I am just trying to get you guys to see that this may be for the better of Bluelight.
Being sour or holding bad feelings isn't gonna change anything. The link is still gonna be there.
I'm sure Jase wasn't sitting around thinking "yeah, I think I'm gonna stomp on e_go's chat room and put his hard work to shame" I'm sure he is trying to do a good thing for BLUELIGHT... and it just hit some people on a personal level.
well, I'm not gonna sit on my ass defending Jase.... I'm just saying... well....
damn ketamine
Oh yeah.... Analplay.net through some people off i'm sure... wait that wasn't it...
damn ketamine...
Yeah, flux and e_goTrip, you guys know I consider you both my friends... I am not trying to take sides....just my $.02

Hey e_go I always used your chatroom,it's easy to use and I had fun changing my nick all the time.... ill continue to come to it still, i chatted more in your room than i posted here,, who was it that called me a lurker cause i didnt post?? it was flux i think,, anyway im bout to go to your chat rite now e_go, btw this is papasmurf.