• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Changed prescribtion from Oxycontin 60's to 40mg Oxymorphone

oxyfen

Bluelighter
I am prescribed 40 mg oxymorphone ER the pills are orange and have G74's imprinted on them like these
th

I went from 80mg Oxycontin 4xd to 60mg Oxycontin 5xd which lowers my monthly dose by 600mg's which is what I wanted to do anyway because I think I am taking too much. My pain is not managed properly so I wanted to try Oxymorphone. It is like nothing, I have heard it is better than Oxycontin but not for me. This morning I took one Oxymorphone and 30mins later I was still hurting so I took another, 30mins later the same, no effect so I took a 60mg Oxycontin and finally relief. The Oxycontin has worked like this in the past, only one and I could get out of bed.

Has anyone else had this effect with Oxymorphone?

Could it be that my body need more time to adapt, I have been on O'phone for 3 weeks now and thinking about going back to the O'ctin.

Last edited:
Oxymorphone has a shitty bioavailability of about 10%, so your dosages could just be way off compared to your oxycontin (which has a bioavailability of about 95%)

Yes I would agree with upping the dosage and perhaps getting some instant release as well and work something out that way.