View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Changa + amphetamines

Flickering

Bluelighter
I'm on Dexamphetamine for ADD and depression, 20mg a day. If I take changa in combination with this, is it likely to kill me? I've been unable to find info on MAOI and amphetamine combinations.

If so, how long should I stay off the dex before smoking changa?

Thanks!

EDIT - rechecked the dangerous combinations thread and noticed at the bottom it says this is LIKELY a dangerous combination, so I'll amend my question to how long I should stay off amphetamines if I wish to proceed with this.

Last edited:
Wait at least one day after taking amphetamines before taking a MAOI.

I was gonna say wait a week, but you could probably get away with a few days. One day may be pushing it though, no?

I was gonna say wait a week, but you could probably get away with a few days. One day may be pushing it though, no?
Agreed! YOU DO NO WANT TO FUCK WITH MAOIS IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES PERIOD, let alone with anything to do with serf. If I were you I'd just find pure deemsters and puff till your hearts desire!

Aye but I already have changa on hand, and I've heard it's a better way to start DMT due to the gentler come-up and the longer duration, plus it has a more similar feel to ayahuasca, which I've taken. I will give it a week off the pills before I take a puff, just to be safe. I don't want to go into an experience this earth-shattering with any doubt about whether I'll make it back.

I've had it all, it's not really very similar to aya at all, intact nothing but oral DMT is. I've used it in all manners as well except IV. Changa will just increase the effects a bit and lengthen the duration. My suggestion, just grab a gram of the pure, get a day off, and go wild. MAOIs are nothing to fuck with!

All good points, but I've heard that the MAOi effects of changa are extremely shortlived. Plus they appear to be relatively mild, when comparing the effects to either plain DMT or to ayahuasca. Better to be safe of course, and I would try and do similar. :)

Enjoy it, changa is unique and wonderful <3

Thanks guys. Another question, I've had this for about six months now and haven't once had the opportunity to smoke it. It's packaged and stored but the climate has been very hot lately. How's the shelf life? I'd hate to think it's just deteriorated.

If it's stored in a well sealed container and out of bright light it should be fine.