• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Chamomile and GABA

scarlet_tunic

Bluelighter
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2995283/

I was wondering if anyone has used chamomile tea / extract / pills to help with withdrawals or just recreationally to relax. I always remember it being very sedating, particularly when you put 3 - 4 teabags into one pot and drink it within 1 or 2 hours. I am currently exploring this as an option for when I don't take kratom at night.

I didn't actually think chamomile's 'sedating' effects had any research backing them up but then I discovered some articles online which discussed the herb's effect on GABA. I am not entirely familiar with the mechanism by which GABA functions. All I know is that I've heard the term used in association with benzodiazepines and other anti-depressant / anti-anxiety meds. Similarly, a compound called apigenin in chamomile works on these GABA receptors. I have even seen articles about people using chamomile to treat depression and anxiety (of course, probably in bigger doses than just a cup of tea a day).

What do you all think? And does anyone have anymore information they could possibly share here?

chamomile at the cost of 2 bucks, is, so amazing! not only will it replace kratom but all benzos, alcohol, just amazing sedation and high. you know what, i probably didnt do it right when i tried it so many times, just go for it!

What The HELL???????

How the fuck much did you take?
Valerian, now theres a proper, respectable herbial GABAa positive allosteric modulator. Loreclezole binding site. And whilst an incredinly rapid (you may succeed with a second dose for this effect) tachyphylaxis occurs, it initially induces
THE most powerful and amazing oneirogenic effect I've ever known short of very very very mild and non even so much as to be uncomfortable physically, opioid withdrawal. The most INCREDIBLE fucking intense dreaming...wow. Just fucking WOW. High dose valerian extract, while it tastes crappy and smells vile it really is wonderful stuff. I REALLY REALLY want to try loreclezole to contrast it and see if it also produces the oneirogenic effect. Going to buy some as soon as I can afford the price, unless I can discover a synthesis protocol and do the work myself to get myself a proper quantity rather than shelling out £70-80something for 10-15mg or so.

chamomile at the cost of 2 bucks, is, so amazing! not only will it replace kratom but all benzos, alcohol, just amazing sedation and high. you know what, i probably didnt do it right when i tried it so many times, just go for it!

Lol I don't know if you're serious or sarcastic.. and how much chamomile did you take for such effects? 8o8o

Not kratom, it won't. Kratom is an opioid, MOR, delta (iirc. From mitragynine pseudoxindole. Chamomile contains no opioids, GABAergic, effect is very mild, chamomile infusion has even been used as a gentle calminative for very young children according to some of my herbal books (quite old mind you, the books that is not the children haha)

But its mild stuff.

Be aware there are two with somewhat different properties. Roman chamomile and German chamomile. Sort of similar but differ in properties. The oils especially can be told apart easily, for one of them contains a compound called chamazulene, which renders the essential oil a very vividly indigo blue color.

What The HELL???????

Valerian, now theres a proper, respectable herbial GABAa positive allosteric modulator. Loreclezole binding site. And whilst an incredinly rapid (you may succeed with a second dose for this effect) tachyphylaxis occurs, it initially induces
THE most powerful and amazing oneirogenic effect I've ever known short of very very very mild and non even so much as to be uncomfortable physically, opioid withdrawal. The most INCREDIBLE fucking intense dreaming...wow. Just fucking WOW. High dose valerian extract, while it tastes crappy and smells vile it really is wonderful stuff. I REALLY REALLY want to try loreclezole to contrast it and see if it also produces the oneirogenic effect. Going to buy some as soon as I can afford the price, unless I can discover a synthesis protocol and do the work myself to get myself a proper quantity rather than shelling out £70-80something for 10-15mg or so.
I can agree with this, I have drank a fair bit of a concentrated valerian extract, and at first I didn't feel much, however, after ~1h, I started feeling some very nice GABAergic action, which felt more recreational than benzos. After all valerenic acid is a confirmed PAM of GABAa receptors, as well as a 5-HT5A partial agonist

What The HELL???????

I was wondering the same thing? I have never consumed Valerian root but I have heard it's akin to benzos in low doses. Chamomile just relaxes me and makes sleep easier, as does rooibos.

Lol I don't know if you're serious or sarcastic.. and how much chamomile did you take for such effects? 8o8o

of course im playing around. i used to get high on chamomile when i was like 5 years of age. seriously, if an adult of high experience with all kinds of herbs and drugs out there still gets any sedation or pleasure from that 2 dollar crap, then im jealous :(

btw doesnt anybody else get nightmares on valerian? it doesnt mix well with most stuff out there it seems. again, when i was little it helped with sleep, but now days it will just put me in strange mood, and sleep is disturbed with nightmares :S

Last night to help get over the kratom withdrawals I drank a bunch of chamomile, worked on my writing and also listened to binaural beat music on YouTube (look this up if you've never tried it). I felt very relaxed by the end of my night, which I give more credit to the binaural beat music to. However I think the chamomile was part of it. I didn't get great sleep though, I've been tired and antsy all day.

which day kratom withdrawl are you on? i think the withdrawls are much milder than most of those synthetic opiates people abuse. did you also get the sweats and cold shivers or no?

which day kratom withdrawl are you on? i think the withdrawls are much milder than most of those synthetic opiates people abuse. did you also get the sweats and cold shivers or no?

I'm on day 2 but I went to the local head shop today to get some for tonight. I need to relax tonight. I wasn't going to get it but I saw that I could spare an extra 25$ and I have a few new clients for my job. Again, in the battle between krat and I, krat has won. :|

Noo way.. no cold sweats or shivers. I was antsy and feeling a little hyper and feverish, a definite loss of appetite. Later on, however, I listened to some binaural beats and worked on my writing to relax. I came out of it all at around 1 am feeling relaxed and very tired. I also exercised yesterday, which helped a LOT.

Not nightmares, but it is indeed one HELL of a powerful oneirogen. At few boxes of strong valerian extract, 2-3 boxes (forget how many pills), not exactly nice to get down, but I've had worse by far. Harmala infusion for instance, or the thiazolethanol that one gets as an intermediate in the synthesis routes to chlormethiazole from vitamin B1/thiamine, that stuff fucking stinks something vile, and it hangs around too. Both of those had to go up the arse, too foul to swallow)

Then after taking the large doses of valerian wow...just....damn. It isn't what I'd describe as nightmarish unless theres already a cause in operation which will result in the taker having nightmares. Such as, potentially, opioid withdrawal. But its intense as fucking hell, like taking DMT whilst conscious in some ways. Not in terms of character or 'flavor' but certainly intensity, although while asleep. Its one of my absolute favourite drugs. Another impressive one for such uses is fly agaric in moderate or low-medium doses. This will, since the active in cured fly agaric, muscimol is an orthosteric agonist (that is to say it binds to the GABA recognition site itself, whilst valerian actives at least some thereof bind allosterically to the loreclezole binding site (betagamma subunit interface, beta2 IIRC but might be others, cbf looking it up right now as I'm in the middle of a game on my laptop, an oldie but a goodie.

As for the potential for clonidine-esque effects upon kratom withdrawal, this would modulate the severity of the withdrawal to an extent although how pronounced the effect is I don't know. Clonidine and other adrenergic autoreceptor agonists have been frequently used to combat and help alleviate the effects of opioid withdrawal.

What I do not know though is what withdrawal from a delta agonist is like. Since delta agonism (subtype dependent afaik) is actually involved in tolerance inductiin it stands to reason that kratom, if mitragynine pseudindoxyl is binds that DOR subtype then tolerance might drop off quicker than MOR-selective or mixed KOR/MOR agonists. This however should be remembered as being pure speculation on my part based only on knowledge of the general properties of DORs and DOR ligands

Even galantamine and other cholinesterase inhibitors, without or even WITH betahistine taken alongside it shortly before going to sleep cannot even hope to beg for permission to get down on its knees and plead most humbly for the honor of wiping the toilet seat that valerian extract is about to squat down upon and bust a fudge. autoinduction of the very mildest of opioid withdrawal is another thing that does work and CAN almost equal that effect of valerian but the timing of dosage of last opioid intake pre-sleep and the dose must be precise so it wears off MOSTLY, but not in its entirety, just enough to kick the brakes off that oneirogenic rollercoaster.

If you ever try combining the two, its REALLY intense, and it takes away, being a GABAa-PAM, most any anxiety from the just-beginnings-of-first-hints-of-MOR agonist withdrawal. This I have done only with full MOR agonists, and before I was dependent, the selective MOR1 agonist meptazinol plus its benzoyl phenolic ester. I had made the propionyl, the acetyl and IIRC, the salicylic acid ester, but forgot the propionyl and acetyl were there as they had been stashed somewhere to protect them from the fucking pig filth cunts when they came to trash the house, the fucking shiteating whoreson gutterborn mingemongers.

Not sure about shivers, etc. as I've only used kratom either whilst nondependent on other MOR agonists, or whilst dependent to cover me for a few hours walking around the city center shopping, after popping into a headshop or two and buying some alkaloid extract of kratom. Two forms of it, one a tan, fine powder of flour-like consistency, the other a darker but crystalline extract that was obviously at least some form of crystallizable alkaloidal matter, just looked like it hadn't been bothered to be rextylized by whatever company manufactured the extract. A couple of vials of that stuff were STRONG, one rectally one per os, even with a fair tolerance, although nothing at all like the damnable gorilla on my back now. Said shoulder-ape seems to be on a diet, in that it can be kept from yowling its anger from the treetops with lesser doses but can be made pretty happy with a >1g IV dose of morphine.

Be aware that mitragynine pseudindoxyl is IIRC a delta opioid agonist (subtype unknown to me) and there is afaik an alpha2 adrenoreceptor antagonist in there too, so withdrawal leading to reversal of that latter property IF the physical dependency is to kratom only, or to other opioids with regular use of kratom in addition, will when its doing the opposite in withdrawal will act like clonidine, an alpha2 adrenergic autoreceptor

Not nightmares, but it is indeed one HELL of a powerful oneirogen. At few boxes of strong valerian extract, 2-3 boxes (forget how many pills), not exactly nice to get down, but I've had worse by far. Harmala infusion for instance, or the thiazolethanol that one gets as an intermediate in the synthesis routes to chlormethiazole from vitamin B1/thiamine, that stuff fucking stinks something vile, and it hangs around too. Both of those had to go up the arse, too foul to swallow)

Then after taking the large doses of valerian wow...just....damn. It isn't what I'd describe as nightmarish unless theres already a cause in operation which will result in the taker having nightmares. Such as, potentially, opioid withdrawal. But its intense as fucking hell, like taking DMT whilst conscious in some ways. Not in terms of character or 'flavor' but certainly intensity, although while asleep. Its one of my absolute favourite drugs. Another impressive one for such uses is fly agaric in moderate or low-medium doses. This will, since the active in cured fly agaric, muscimol is an orthosteric agonist (that is to say it binds to the GABA recognition site itself, whilst valerian actives at least some thereof bind allosterically to the loreclezole binding site (betagamma subunit interface, beta2 IIRC but might be others, cbf looking it up right now as I'm in the middle of a game on my laptop, an oldie but a goodie.

As for the potential for clonidine-esque effects upon kratom withdrawal, this would modulate the severity of the withdrawal to an extent although how pronounced the effect is I don't know. Clonidine and other adrenergic autoreceptor agonists have been frequently used to combat and help alleviate the effects of opioid withdrawal.

What I do not know though is what withdrawal from a delta agonist is like. Since delta agonism (subtype dependent afaik) is actually involved in tolerance inductiin it stands to reason that kratom, if mitragynine pseudindoxyl is binds that DOR subtype then tolerance might drop off quicker than MOR-selective or mixed KOR/MOR agonists. This however should be remembered as being pure speculation k

Even galantamine and other cholinesterase inhibitors, without or even WITH betahistine taken alongside it shortly before going to sleep cannot even hope to beg for permission to get down on its knees and plead most humbly for the honor of wiping the toilet seat that valerian extract is about to squat down upon and bust a fudge. autoinduction of the very mildest of opioid withdrawal is another thing that does work and CAN almost equal that effect of valerian but the timing of dosage of last opioid intake pre-sleep and the dose must be precise so it wears off MOSTLY, but not in its entirety, just enough to kick the brakes off that oneirogenic rollercoaster.

If you ever try combining the two, its REALLY intense, and it takes away, being a GABAa-PAM, most any anxiety from the just-beginnings-of-first-hints-of-MOR agonist withdrawal. This I have done only with full MOR agonists, and before I was dependent, the selective MOR1 agonist meptazinol plus its benzoyl phenolic ester. I had made the propionyl, the acetyl and IIRC, the salicylic acid ester, but forgot the propionyl and acetyl were there as they had been stashed somewhere to protect them from the fucking pig filth cunts when they came to trash the house, the fucking shiteating whoreson gutterborn mingemongers.

Not sure about shivers, etc. as I've only used kratom either whilst nondependent on other MOR agonists, or whilst dependent to cover me for a few hours walking around the city center shopping, after popping into a headshop or two and buying some alkaloid extract of kratom. Two forms of it, one a tan, fine powder of flour-like consistency, the other a darker but crystalline extract that was obviously at least some form of crystallizable alkaloidal matter, just looked like it hadn't been bothered to be rextylized by whatever company manufactured the extract. A couple of vials of that stuff were STRONG, one rectally one per os, even with a fair tolerance, although nothing at all like the damnable gorilla on my back now. Said shoulder-ape seems to be on a diet, in that it can be kept from yowling its anger from the treetops with lesser doses but can be made pretty happy with a >1g IV dose of morphine.

Be aware that mitragynine pseudindoxyl is IIRC a delta opioid agonist (subtype unknown to me) and there is afaik an alpha2 adrenoreceptor antagonist in there too, so withdrawal leading to reversal of that latter property IF the physical dependency is to kratom only, or to other opioids with regular use of kratom in addition, will when its doing the opposite in withdrawal will act like clonidine, an alpha2 adrenergic autoreceptor agonist often used as an adjunctive med for opioid detox, to help combat physical w/d symptoms, especially the adrenergic hyperactivity and overstimulation, tachycardia, chest pains etc.

Lol I'm a little confused, too.. but it all sounds very smart :D Us common folk don't understand too good. Also not really sure where that was going and why..