• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids CEVs?

KillSurfCity

Bluelighter
does anyone else here experience slight closed eye visuals on opiates? i do not mean nodding, yet it seems that i need to take enough oxy to get a comfortable nod (the kind you get when you sit still more than 30 seconds. loooove that dose.)

anyway CEV's are common for me at this dose. mostly of faces but also some pretty patterns!

i should have mentioned i smoke hella danka lot..that probably contributes. i am just getting anyone's take on CEV's and opiates alone.

Hell yes! Opioids always gave me CEVs. Not the classic psychedelic type, more like movies playing behind my eyelids. It's almost like I'm dreaming while still awake. I think this is fairly common, and it seems to happen more with some opioids and less with others. For instance, IME this effect is pretty intense when I'm on heroin, but I never really got it from fentanyl. Opium also produces intense closed eye imagery for me.

Hell yes! Opioids always gave me CEVs. Not the classic psychedelic type, more like movies playing behind my eyelids. It's almost like I'm dreaming while still awake. I think this is fairly common, and it seems to happen more with some opioids and less with others. For instance, IME this effect is pretty intense when I'm on heroin, but I never really got it from fentanyl. Opium also produces intense closed eye imagery for me.

right on! just needed some input. my opiod of choice is oxycodone but the past few days i have had enough spare shit around to nod on it instead of getting the energy high. i like oxy this way, though. i can either be up doing stuff and feel really great or i can sit down for a bit and nod off. ahhhhh. :)

I wouldn't get CEV's unless i took shrooms/DXM/acid with my opiates. But the shroom opiate combination is by far the best trip i have had aside from DMT. I did DMT and suboxone combined once and that was AMAZING!!

I've had half asleep dream sequences on heroin that have lasted a night. Idk if that counts. still being conscious but fading in and out of a dream.

I wouldn't get CEV's unless i took shrooms/DXM/acid with my opiates. But the shroom opiate combination is by far the best trip i have had aside from DMT. I did DMT and suboxone combined once and that was AMAZING!!

those are quite australian combos.

doesn't everyone see stuff when they close their eyes i mean unless your brain stops working

yes but they tend to be random. when you do psychadelics they start to form patterns, or your mind makes patterns out of them. on k I would see the little flashing lights form into space stations. its usually red and green blnking so fast that it becomes a light. fascinating stuff.

I have used buprenorphine before at low doses, 16mg a week, then had a break from it for a year - and when I took it I experienced some mild CEV's, pretty obvious if you lie down and try to sleep, but then try to focus on them. Nothing intense, but like very mild DXM CEV's.

It is more like a dream that seems so real you start reaching out to shake hands with someone you see or grab something overhead to realize your nodding in bed

It is more like a dream that seems so real you start reaching out to shake hands with someone you see or grab something overhead to realize your nodding in bed

I have experienced this also, in different degrees. One time I was abit lower tolerance - and I dreamt in my mind that I was having interactions without actually being asleep or awake. And one time my apartment drowned in water really fast - it was a nightmare - when the water reached my head level - I suddenly realized it was scary and dangerous situation. And I had to panic to be able to breath and swim. Then I realized that I was reaching out from where I was sitting, and acting like I was choking - when I woke up Lol from the opiate nod..

Yeah I mean my stuff has never broken from reality like that, but it's been crazy before

Back when i used Oxycodone and Hydromorphone i would always get CEVs, given a dose that is large enough to make me nod off.

One time i nodded off and started seeing and speaking with this guy on a phone, as if we were on a video chat of some sort. As it turns out i actually was muttering everything to myself, while my girlfriend was trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with me. Lol