• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Certain strain causing issues and Psychedelic weed ?

Innerpeace

Bluelighter
OG Kush, done it 2020, didn't have so good mental effects. Dont like the high. Used it earlier as it is 55/45 satvia/indica. Tried it again, not too late before gym. At first was okay but after fym didnt like the head high. This is the only strain that has caused this recently. Purple runtz(50/50) and Mandarian cookies (70/30) dont seem to cause this. Im to the point of trying it again and again, its not worth it so I ll think ill stay away. Maybe its psychological due to past negative headhigh , and it did the same thing. May try it again and mix it with higher indica, maybe cbd, or may just not do it again. Weed isnt important. As far as Im concerned im done it three years consistently and eating it, making your own edibles tends to be better for sleep than smoking it. Plus smoking can cause health effects , cardiovascular,. I know, I know, ten or twenty puffs a day might not do much, but it does all add up, esp when using other substances, on a statin currently. Sometimes best to just day no . Maybe dose every five days or just take a full long break. Plenty of other things that can help sleep like l theanine. Good food.

Onto a "new" strain" thats coming soon M n M's. It says this is psychedelic. I know all cannabis can be , esp if not tolerant and used a lot. Think a two grams verses five puffs. But this strain says psychedelics, its the first time Ive seen weed or cannabis pronounce psychedelics with weed. I figure its a market ploy. Moreover, has anyone tried M n M strain and it is really different than the others?

eating edibles is a very easy way to overdose vs smoking or vaporising i havent smoked for about 6/7 years now i only vaporise and i find it easier to adjust my dose accordingly.
The Purple runtz is supposedly lower THC tho however in the strain description, and mandarian cookies is described as a calming, slightly sedating high good for anxiety .
im not really sure if you could try a vaporiser might be better for you however peoples bodies change over the years and some people just dont enjoy certain strains due to their terpene profile
As a guide, i usually tell people to smell the strain to see if it smells good or bad to them first, but with edibles thats not really possible

In my area (legal cannabis, tested consistently by reliable labs) the vast majority of cannabis, both C. sativa subsp. sativa and C. sativa subsp. indica has only THC as the active cannabinoids, usually between 18% to 36% THC, but there are some strains with considerably close to 1:1 ratio i.e. CBD Runtz with 7-13% THC and 10-13% CBD but they are considerably more uncommon.
For reference one of the commercial vendors in my area (order online, up to 28g, delivery in 2hr or less) has 80 varieties of cannabis and only one with significant amounts of CBD. 11 varieties had between 0.02% and 2% CBD.
There are many other products such as concentrates/extracts that contain THC:CBD 1:1, THC:CBG 1:1 and 2:1, CBD:CBN 3:1, pure CBD, etc.

In my opinion terpenes contribute to nothing more than the organoleptic properties and any "entourage effect" is not reproducible; I would bet a double blind study would show no effect at all. (And I worked with large quantities of pure terpenes of every sort for 7 years while using cannabis copiously.)
For instance there is a rumour that mangoes extend the high of THC because of myrcene. Looking at the facts though, a whole mango (150g) contains less than 0.1mg myrcene. (0.000666 mg/g or 0.0000666% by weight)
Fresh Cannabis buds can have up to 2% terpenes (20mg/g) but as they are quite volatile, dried buds will only contain around 0.5% or less. (5mg/g).
Extracts will contain even less due to the solvent removal also removing the terpenes. And of the terpenes, depending on the strain in question, every strain has different permutations of terpenes present in widely varying amounts depending on genetics and growing conditions. There could be myrcene present, or maybe not, but it is never present alone, and hence smell alone cannot tell for sure if it is present or how much.
If we assume it is myrcene rich with ~55% myrcene, that means maybe 11mg/g myrcene (in fresh undried bud) to a more likely 0.275 mg/g in dry bud. Vaping 0.3g would give 82.5mg. But most marijuana will have vastly less myrcene or even zero.

Back in the day I had access to large amounts of pure myrcene. It's a water-insoluble oil that resembles turpentine, and getting any significant in your mouth is quite irritating. Even after ingesting ~860mg (1mL) 85% myrcene in canola oil solution orally, which is about 731 mg, or almost 9x the highest achievable dose from cannabis, or about 7,310 mangoes eaten in rapid succession... there were no noticeable effects, even when I ingested THC. At all.
And there is no research showing that these terpenes are reliably intoxicating, at best some have mild sedative effects (linalool, menthol).

Basically, it's more likely set and setting is your problem than the weed having any sort of chemical problem. But it probably only contains THC though, even an indica.

eating edibles is a very easy way to overdose vs smoking or vaporising i havent smoked for about 6/7 years now i only vaporise and i find it easier to adjust my dose accordingly.
The Purple runtz is supposedly lower THC tho however in the strain description, and mandarian cookies is described as a calming, slightly sedating high good for anxiety .
im not really sure if you could try a vaporiser might be better for you however peoples bodies change over the years and some people just dont enjoy certain strains due to their terpene profile
As a guide, i usually tell people to smell the strain to see if it smells good or bad to them first, but with edibles thats not really possible
not sure if the smell connection is reliable . Further, can try it. I found putting cannabis in peanut butter or any other recipe , beats buying them for price. Saves money. That's not to say I won't ever buy edibles, currently, still saving for other areas of interest(s). I find high indica (la kush, garlic cookie, white caramel cookie) eaten before bed assist sleep more than smoking massively to the point its almost like a phenibut or xanax, and the feelin is way different. I dotn use too much. Youre so correct about overdosing on edibles. While I do like a smoke here and there, Im going to the direction that eating weed, edibles, are safer, healthier, and my preferred way to go.

Last edited:
In my area (legal cannabis, tested consistently by reliable labs) the vast majority of cannabis, both C. sativa subsp. sativa and C. sativa subsp. indica has only THC as the active cannabinoids, usually between 18% to 36% THC, but there are some strains with considerably close to 1:1 ratio i.e. CBD Runtz with 7-13% THC and 10-13% CBD but they are considerably more uncommon.
For reference one of the commercial vendors in my area (order online, up to 28g, delivery in 2hr or less) has 80 varieties of cannabis and only one with significant amounts of CBD. 11 varieties had between 0.02% and 2% CBD.
There are many other products such as concentrates/extracts that contain THC:CBD 1:1, THC:CBG 1:1 and 2:1, CBD:CBN 3:1, pure CBD, etc.

Basically, it's more likely set and setting is your problem than the weed having any sort of chemical problem. But it probably only contains THC though, even an indica.
Theres a girl I work with, she used to live in Washington and said she has a vape she bought there thats 99% thc. I said no way , thc is only 15-30 % usually. She puulled out her phone and showed me a few labels, pictures she took, that said 99% thc.

Very well could be, probally best to be more social, around people when doign this , instead of pre-gym or alone.

99% THC? I can imagine the THC in in the mid 90s, percentage wise, with 3-5% other similar organic compounds, precursors in the synthesis eg. Cannabichromine, the ones with 3 carbon chains, rather than the usual 5 carbon.
I have an idea that is the thing that makes effects slightly different.
You could, if you were absolutely determined, seperate out the major components, but that involves chromatography with n-hexane or tetrahydrofuran as a solvent.

There are people out there who are that single minded. 😁

Because it's a water insoluble, there will always be biological precursors present.
It's somuch easier seperating alkaloids etc