• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Celexa

President_Red

Bluelighter
I suffer from anxiety so I buy benzos and I don't try to abuse them 90% of the time just get the anxiety off my back. But anyways I decided to go to the doctor to try and get prescribed some type of benzo, and he prescribed me celexa 20 mg... Which is a SSRI which I had taken Zoloft a few years ago for depression which is an SSRI too I didn't really like it made me feel alien like. I been having this bottle of celexa and have not taken one yet.. I smoke weed and occasionally mess with psychs.. Will it interact with that? Has anyone ever taken this medication? If so please explain your experience!

ive taken celexa before , i found it helpful for my depression..not so much for my anxiety. I ended up switching to Fluvoxamine (Luvox) 200mg per day because i have OCD and Luvox works best for ocd symptoms.

celexa could interfere with certain psychedelic substances so make sure you research what you plan on taking before you actually take it. Good luck my friend

Thank you for the response! What did celexa feel like the first few days you had taken it?

the thing with SSRIs is you have to wait a few weeks to get the full effect from the medication. you're not going to feel "better" after a few days. you've got to take it every day for at least 2 weeks to get full benefit from it. I remember the first three days or so i had bad diarrhea and almost shat my pants at work. it went away though. IMO Celexa is a good choice for an SSRI. Lexapro is closely related, and also works well for most folks

Yeah I know about it taking 2 weeks to feel the full effect I was just curious if it had made you feel more "uppity" I'm assuming the reason your stomach was upset was because of the serotonin. I just don't want to feel like "not myself" like I don't want something to change my personality just take away anxiety

I never felt "not myself" i was always in control , just with less depression. i believe i was also taking seroquel at the time ... the two can work well together when treating severe depression. Now im on Luvox, like i mentioned , and Risperidone

About 6 weeks ago I stopped Zoloft and started celexa, because of the reason you said (not feeling at all, and just being off) and iv not noticed any side effects. I think it would make you feel happier. Celexa is an ssri, and I'm pretty sure the only phsycs that interact with celexa are dxm and mdma

I took it for four weeks (prescribed for anxiety). It made my dick stop working...like, at all. LOL. I stopped taking it after that. I'd rather have a working dick and anxiety.

Not that it really helped my anxiety anyway...it did make me a little hypomanic for the first few days, though.