• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

CCK antagonists behavioural affects

Neuroprotection

Bluelighter
from what I’ve read, CCK in the brain acts as an excitatory neuropeptide that induces anxiety, Panic and possibly depression like behaviour. it enhances memory, but particularly fear learning and suppresses dopamine release into the nucleus accumbens. finally, it opposes the effects of opioid signalling and likely contributes to tolerance to and withdrawal from opioids.
I know the CCK antagonist drug proglumide has long been known and used in humans and is apparently still legal. Has anyone tried it and if so, was it psychoactive, either alone, or in combination with other drugs.
Apparently, knock out of CCK in the brain of mice produces a manic phenotype with extreme hyperactivity, reward supersensitivity, decreased sleep and lack of anxiety. I assume that’s a developmental effect, I doubt CCK antagonists have those effects in humans, because many more people would be using them if that was the case. if I’m wrong, and they do produce these effects, I need to get my hands on a CCK antagonist ASAP.