• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

CBD to help with MDMA anxiety?

hurlumpsis

Greenlighter
I struggle with massive emotional issues. Part of it is that I cannot experience good emotions or thoughts, I am afraid of those. I'm planning to do MDMA again in few months on a break from uni and going for around 80mg this time. I reckon 120 + 60 was too much last time. I tried to listen to music but it just made me paralyzed.
I'm wondering if eating or smoking CBD before a trip would help with the anxiety. I know it does normally help, but I've also heard that it might take away from the effects of MDMA. Thoughs on this?

I don't think it'll take anything away from your MDMA experience personally, if you find CBD helps with your anxiety normally then yes it may help.

I find the come-up is usually when I feel weirdest, but once it kicks in, it's smooth sailing anxiety wise - perhaps you did just take too much if you felt paralysed by music.

Cbd will definitely not reduce your MDMA experience in any way.

However, really you want to look at this from a different angle. It would work far better and my be the only reap way it would work, if you were to take CBD oil as a supplement regularly, build it up in your system, rather than just takingnit as a one off magic pill.

Cbd does work like that, but then also it doesn't work like that.

I really would not worry about the MDMA feeling less effective either. I would imagine an all round more enjoyable, comfortable, happier experience with MDMA for somebody who is supplementing their endocannabinoid system with CBD.

It takes nothing away from my LSD trips.

But I actually really think Kava might be worth a try. Incredible anxiolytic and antidepressant, mood raising properties.

In an anxiolytic, calming sense, kava compliments LSD fantastically.

I don't think it'll take anything away from your MDMA experience personally, if you find CBD helps with your anxiety normally then yes it may help.

I find the come-up is usually when I feel weirdest, but once it kicks in, it's smooth sailing anxiety wise - perhaps you did just take too much if you felt paralysed by music.
It's possible I took too much. I didin't have any negative side effects like excessive sweating etc. but I am very sensitive to all substances - even a chocolate bar makes me buzz.

And to extend the thing with music is that even when I'm sober I can't listen to emotional music because it makes me tense up and block the emotions that the song brings up.
Cbd will definitely not reduce your MDMA experience in any way.

However, really you want to look at this from a different angle. It would work far better and my be the only reap way it would work, if you were to take CBD oil as a supplement regularly, build it up in your system, rather than just takingnit as a one off magic pill.

Cbd does work like that, but then also it doesn't work like that.

I really would not worry about the MDMA feeling less effective either. I would imagine an all round more enjoyable, comfortable, happier experience with MDMA for somebody who is supplementing their endocannabinoid system with CBD.

It takes nothing away from my LSD trips.

But I actually really think Kava might be worth a try. Incredible anxiolytic and antidepressant, mood raising properties.

In an anxiolytic, calming sense, kava compliments LSD fantastically.

I've heard it said that smoking on MDMA usually dampens the experience on many. Is that because of THC or is it the difference between enjoying the CBD/THC before hand or doing it while rolling?

It's possible I took too much. I didin't have any negative side effects like excessive sweating etc. but I am very sensitive to all substances - even a chocolate bar makes me buzz.

And to extend the thing with music is that even when I'm sober I can't listen to emotional music because it makes me tense up and block the emotions that the song brings up.

I've heard it said that smoking on MDMA usually dampens the experience on many. Is that because of THC or is it the difference between enjoying the CBD/THC before hand or doing it while rolling?
I took 3500 MDMA pills 1996 to 2005.

I hear you. And there is a valid argument there. I always used cannabis with MDMA, but it can require selective timing, as it can detract from certain aspects of the clear, high, transcendental effects of MDMA.

But that is THC. Not CBD. Honestly I'd be shocked to learn CBD detracts from the MDMA experience.

I really would consider a regular CBD supplement protocol.

And kava really is one of nature's greatest anxiolytic, mood raising herbs and combines very well with psychedellics, stimulants, cannabis.

If it was myself, I would supplement regularly with CBD, drink Kava before taking MDMA, and during, and smoke (or vaporize) weed when the peak of the MDMA has plateaued out.

If it was myself, I would supplement regularly with CBD, drink Kava before taking MDMA, and during, and smoke (or vaporize) weed when the peak of the MDMA has plateaued out.
Thanks, i'll look into that kava. CBD oil is not available where I live right now.

In case I only had THC available, using that pre-trip would diminish the effects of MDMA then?

I have tried on two occasions last year to smoke after the peak mdma, but it doesn't seem to do much. At least not anything good.

Thanks, i'll look into that kava. CBD oil is not available where I live right now.

In case I only had THC available, using that pre-trip would diminish the effects of MDMA then?

I have tried on two occasions last year to smoke after the peak mdma, but it doesn't seem to do much. At least not anything good.
Im not saying, thc/weed does diminish the MDMA experience.

Method, dosage, timing etc are crucial.

For example, a 17 year old, we used to smoke huge bucket bongs of hashish, and on a beautiful, energized, sociable MDMA come up experience, smoking a big bucket or bong could dull it completely.

But being stoned first, maybe levelling out, should not be a problem.

And adding weed in, just when you fancy it- not too much, gentle toking, can work fine too and very complimentary.

If you want any basic directions on kava prep techniquies please just hit me up.

Back when I used to roll big time back in 2000 and 2001 I used to smoke weed just about every time smoke a blunt after I drop some ecstasy

currently comparing my experiences with and without THC I do think THC dampens experience a bit like especially like while you're into the experience it can make it less memorable where you forget it a bit it's a little bit hazy

As we know CBD does not do that so I recommend hempflower it looks it is cannabis and it just doesn't have the THC or it has very low levels of THC in it and it kind of reminds me of back in the day 20 years ago when I was smoking THC on the come come up only it's just very little levels of THC and it's not going to like dull the experience a crudely put it's not going to make those experiences as hazy and yes I do think hempflower it's called it's it's basically it it is cannabis but they sell it as hemp flower is a good idea on the come up

I struggle with massive emotional issues. Part of it is that I cannot experience good emotions or thoughts, I am afraid of those. I'm planning to do MDMA again in few months on a break from uni and going for around 80mg this time. I reckon 120 + 60 was too much last time. I tried to listen to music but it just made me paralyzed.
I'm wondering if eating or smoking CBD before a trip would help with the anxiety. I know it does normally help, but I've also heard that it might take away from the effects of MDMA. Thoughs on this?

Although 'set and setting' (i.e. state of mind and current environment) do not play as great a role in the MDMA experience as they do with the 'classic' psychedelics, MDMA is a psychedelic amphetamine so mindset is still relevant. I'm just concerned that if you feel you have to dose up on other stuff in order to prevent a negative experience, then perhaps MDMA is just not for you?

Although 'set and setting' (i.e. state of mind and current environment) do not play as great a role in the MDMA experience as they do with the 'classic' psychedelics, MDMA is a psychedelic amphetamine so mindset is still relevant. I'm just concerned that if you feel you have to dose up on other stuff in order to prevent a negative experience, then perhaps MDMA is just not for you?
Possible

hurlumpsis - are you sure you have good quality MDMA? I ask this because of a conversation I once had with a fellow clubber.

Me: you look pretty out of it
Her: Yea, it's great. I took this research chemical.
Me: What's it like?
Her: It's just like MDMA except it makes you feel anxious.

Errrrrr.

So there you go. It could be that the MDMA you have is not MDMA, is MDMA with an adulterant(s), or if you're sure it's the real thing, then yes you have an idiosyncratic reaction to it (and the aforegoing suggestions may well be useful for you to consider :)).

Hope it goes well with you.

E

hurlumpsis - are you sure you have good quality MDMA? I ask this because of a conversation I once had with a fellow clubber.

Me: you look pretty out of it
Her: Yea, it's great. I took this research chemical.
Me: What's it like?
Her: It's just like MDMA except it makes you feel anxious.

Errrrrr.

So there you go. It could be that the MDMA you have is not MDMA, is MDMA with an adulterant(s), or if you're sure it's the real thing, then yes you have an idiosyncratic reaction to it (and the aforegoing suggestions may well be useful for you to consider :)).

Hope it goes well with you.

E
Hey, I got my MDMA tested and it should be the real deal. It's just that ten years ago my mate almost died on the stuff and I had to call an ambulance right at my own peak and ended up watching him at the ER while coming down so there's that. Ever since I've been scared of good vibes. Over the years nothing's worked to heal me on this among other issues and that's why I turned to the possibilities of mdma again.

Hi again hurlumpsis. Well, that experience sounds like a real crisis if ever there was one. Have you really exhausted the aternatives that might be available to you?

Hi again hurlumpsis. Well, that experience sounds like a real crisis if ever there was one. Have you really exhausted the aternatives that might be available to you?
I haven't give up on other options, if that's what you mean. I keep working in therapy and just now I'm reading book on IFS therapy (the one they use in MAPS session, apparently you can do this form of therapy on your own as well) among other things. But it is true that right now these extreme ways seem to be my real hope. It's been ten years and only thing I haven't done is mdma with a good company.

I see . Well, all the best with your explorations. I would have total confidence in MDMA/Psyches but only with the right person/s. I hope you find the right combination soon. Please stay around or come back when you crack it and let us know how it goes so we can learn.

All the best, E