• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD, THC or 1:1 ratio for opiate withdrawal? (depression, stress anxiety)

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Hello everyone! I recently quit heroin a few days ago (monday) and I was wondering which would be the best for depression/stress/anxiety during opiate withdrawal? Im currently on Kratom which helps, but Im also tapering the dose down each day, which in turn makes the WD's slightly worse. Unfortunately, the 3 listed above are getting "bad" and was wondering if a high CBD strain would be the best for that? or just taking a "regular" marijuana strain or a 1:1 ratio concentrate (1:1 cbd to thc) would be better?

Anyone have any recommendations, on which to use? Hopefully that made sense!

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
A 1:1 is definitely a good way to go. I'm not sure where you are but assuming you're in a legal state pick up a 1:1 sativa RSO (rick Simpson oil) this will help tremendously and since you're used to H I'm pretty sure you'll be ok with the effects it causes.

Assuming you're looking for something to help with insomnia, find (if you can) a CBN vape. CBN is going to be the best thing to help you sleep.

That covers work and sleep. Any time you're not in one of those two categories some of my favorites are...

1.Pineapple Express: good day time strain
2.Purple trainwreck: better but not if you need to be productive.
3.platinum og: great for sleep if you can't find CBN.
4. alien og: hard to find but extremely potent. Fine for the first 30 minutes. Don't have plans to leave the couch after that. Haha.
5.Blueberry muffin(s): similar to pineapple Express this is a good one to function on (going to the store, park, whatever) but not anything important (like work).

And I think that about covers things. If you need more strains or have any specific questions please feel free to ask. :)

Thanks for the help Wizard! I got some 1:1 (which I havent used much) so ill give it a shot when I get home! (on a 48-hour shift)

And thanks for the CBN tip, I didnt know that helped with sleep! Ill take a look around at some of my dispensaries :)

Thanks again!

Chris

They make CBN vapes? I’ve been searching for any CBN pure products I can find and the only thing I’ve found is topical patches. What legal state did you find them in?

-GC

i just jumped off my taper today. just ordered 600 mg cbd tincture in act of desperation. expensive snake oil

They make CBN vapes? I’ve been searching for any CBN pure products I can find and the only thing I’ve found is topical patches. What legal state did you find them in?

-GC
The process needed to make a CBN vape isn't as profitable as all the others so it might be kind of hard to find. I acquired mine from Oklahoma (medical only state right now) from a shop who's owner is already rich and is genuinely more interested in helping people than making a bunch of money. I honestly don't know how hard it may or may not be to find because so far this one shop is the only place I know of (but also the only place i have looked).

Can you get me any more info on that particular vape? What percentage is CBN? Is there any other cannabinoids? And have you tried it personally?

-GC

Can you get me any more info on that particular vape? What percentage is CBN? Is there any other cannabinoids? And have you tried it personally?

-GC
Sorry for the long wait, your reply got lost in between all the other stuff going on.
I have tried it personally. It is 100% CBN. And the only info I can really tell you is the dispensary I got it from bought the CBN directly from one of their growers. You may try asking a Dispensary specifically if they can acquire it from their growers for you. I'm pretty sure somebody else out there is doing it too and if not I know for a fact that they CAN. it's just a matter of if they will.