• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

CBD Oil and Tianeptine for anxiety and IBS. Could it work?

V82

Bluelighter
I suffer from both IBS and anxiety. The IBS makes the anxiety much worse most of the time. My main symptom is abdominal pain which is becoming chronic. I wanted to try CBD oil for my IBS. I live in Canada so hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to get. Marijuana edible or smoking helps my IBS but I don't want to be high all the time and it can lead to paranoia.

For my anxiety I have tried Prozac. It did lessen my anxiety greatly but it made my IBS much worse so I sadly cannot take it. Maybe because it changed my level of serotonin which can effect the gut. I was thinking of trying Tianeptine which I have heard has helped people with anxiety. I have also read it can help people with IBS.

Right now I am going to start taking a low dose of Desipramine which is a TCA anti depressant and works on different receptors than Prozac. I am starting at a low dose of 10 mg but may go to 25 mg which is still very low. This probably won't help my anxiety but maybe help my IBS.

My girlfriend recommends I take a probiotic. I tried one years ago and it made my pain much worse after only a couple days so I am paranoid about taking one again.

Does the CBD oil/Tianeptine combo seems like it is something that could work for IBS and anxiety. I am at my wits end right now. I don't want to go through life with chronic pain and anxiety. I know many have it worse but maybe we can all help eachother.

Maybe the CBD oil could counteract the negative effects on the Prozac. But I don't know. I am really sad that I can't take Prozac because it seemed to help my mental state.

Tianeptine can be amazing and treat a number of things, just read the wiki page on it. The problem being it's almost as addictive as pain pills. You have to maintain an iron constitution with them but I think they're great. The CBD is of course a good idea as it's looking more amazing every month as more tests are done with it. Have you tried conservative dose Loperamide to ease the vagal nerve? some have luck with it as well and no you won't be constipated for a month after a short adjustment period.

I hope you can find the combination that suits you best, just start small and easy. Best of Luck to you V !

Tianeptine can be amazing and treat a number of things, just read the wiki page on it. The problem being it's almost as addictive as pain pills. You have to maintain an iron constitution with them but I think they're great. The CBD is of course a good idea as it's looking more amazing every month as more tests are done with it. Have you tried conservative dose Loperamide to ease the vagal nerve? some have luck with it as well and no you won't be constipated for a month after a short adjustment period.

I hope you can find the combination that suits you best, just start small and easy. Best of Luck to you V !

Thanks for the information!

Can you tell me more about Loperamide and the vagal nerve. I think I've had problems with that nerve before and have passed out because of it. How much Loperamide would you recommend?

I remember I was on holiday for 2 weeks and took Loperamide and I did not suffer from much pain.

Loperamide is a peripheral opioid which means that it works on everything but the brain so to speak. Sometimes opioids can calm the vagal nerve in the GI tract as opioid receptors are prevalent throughout the body. It wouldn't be responsible to give you an exact dose recommendation but start slow with the dose instructions on the box and see if you find any improvement. It lasts quite awhile so daily use isn't required, every 40-48h seems better to me and there will be an adjustment period so hydrate and be mindful about getting yourself backed up. Things get regular again fairly quickly though. Course if you have any problems don't force it.

Another thing is try not to use for long periods, like over a couple weeks at a time as you can have odd withdrawal symptoms. Hope you have some luck with it. :)

How long did you take prozac it may cause side effects that go away.

Does anyone have any new reports on this? I have ibs and anxiety, I?ve had multiple surgeries and deal with nausea/vomiting daily. I take cbd oil for it and recently tried tianeptine. It worked for me but too well. I?m a former opiate abuser and I found myself longing for redosing with tianeptine and used about 5g (or sulfate) in about 3 days even though I haven?t done opiates in years. I told myself I shouldn?t order anymore, especially after I had some withdrawals after my binge. They weren?t severe but just enough that it vividly took me back to opiate withdrawal and that?s not something I wish to repeat.

V82
Canadian here with iBS ,osteoarthitis and nueropathy ...(other things too) You need to purchase the Medicinal CBD oil .and some INdica oil for sleep. It is lifechanging in anxiety ,and your 'mental state" seriously Life changing, I would advis eyou go to a clinic (they are even online) get a script asasp.
NOw regarding oil ----for IBS oil slows things down so if youre IBS D youre good .IBS C was my question anybody ?
And oils last longer for pain. i have been using medical cannibis oil for pain ......a miracle ! also helps quit any med youre on .very very effective for WD
please read about cbd and its properties. I met a veteran who literlaly couldnt sleep ....had to be knocked out with pharmacueitals once in awhile at hospital.Cannibis oil ---sleeps like a baby. Someone with chrohns went into remission ....in 6 short months.and it helps DEPRESSION too --please dont take AD"S they suck.ok well my question is I HAVE NO GALL BLADDER and i love my cbd oil but it id hurting my stomache !Anybody have this tried cocnut oil carrier --sunflower same same!tried taking bile with it .its difficult as THC is constipating .also fatty liver so trouble with ALL OILS !help anyone ?
Lastly Cbd Rocks any pharmecuetical .they have side effects ...cbd /thc not so much eh?
good luck on your medical cannibis journey .dont forget to go to one of the clinics and see the educators too.