• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD oil and THC content?

drfeelgood1

Bluelighter
I want to try cbd oil and I stumbled onto a brand which is labeled as 600mg in a 30ml bottle Full Spectrum.

According to their lab report, the total amount of cannabinoids is 671mg/unit and the total THC content is 21.15mg/unit.
Does that mean each drop contains 21mg of THC?

I hope that this product only just has very minimal traces of THC.

What does this lab report mean by having a total THC content of 21.15mg/unit?

I want to try as a first time dose to be 10mg of CBD?

I hope they don’t mean that each drop has 21mg of THC…Because that would not be even legal to sell. The legal limit should be 0.3%. So how does that convert to MGs of THC?

Last edited:
Hey buddy. I totally understand your problem. The labeling of CBD products is strange and misleading at times. I don't use these supplements, but Google fucks me with advertisements for the stuff constantly. Yea, for some reason they have taken to listing the total pharmaceutical contents on the front of the bottle, which is unorthodox.

I'm moving this over to Cannabis discussion, but I don't actually know if it is viable material for them.

No they mean the entire bottle has that amount. By that same notion, you’d also get 671mg CBD per dose.

.3% hemp equivalent would likely be 30mg per bottle so it’s under the legal limit.

Typical hemp cannabinoid percentages are 6-7% CBD, and .3% or under THC, which you can see almost perfectly matches your product.

-GC

Typical hemp cannabinoid percentages are 6-7% CBD, and .3% or under THC, which you can see almost perfectly matches your product.
I've always assumed that when I look at hemp products that say "contains X amount of THC, <.3%" that was misleading labeling, in that the product likely contains virtually 0% d9-thc and they are just restating the legal limit to make it seem like it might have like 0.28% thc..

idk, probably overthinking it, but I've always assumed any d9 in these products was in extremely small trace amounts nowhere near 0.3%

this new sub-market for hemp derived psychoactive cannabinoids is extremely deceptive... the cart I buy that proudly exclaims 78% pure THC-O (780mg) in reality probably contains no more than 20-30mg. They lie. A lot.

I feel like most of these products have quite literally 0% d9 THC at all, even if they state they may contain up to 0.3%... maybe trace enough amounts to register on GC/MS, but nothing more than that

I'm just rambling about my speculations, sorry

It means that the THC content is around .7mg per milliliter and CBD at 20mg/ml.

Hmm, I think I've heard that the THC content in any product should be equal to 10 per million. Maybe I did not understand something correctly, but it is logical that if any product containing THC is sold in a regular store and not from some dealers who themselves do not know what they are selling. Therefore, do not be afraid, such products with THC content will definitely not make you dependent. They are aimed at making you relax but not getting high. I sometimes order myself something on https://www.tillmanstranquils.com/product/600mg-delta-8-gummies / and it makes me feel better because I have trouble sleeping and depressive thoughts.

Last edited:
If I were offered a choice of CDB oil or pills, then I would choose pills, because in my opinion they work much faster and more efficiently than oil. In addition, before taking these drugs, I would read the article 10 Best Nano CBD Products, in which I would find out what is better to take. To be honest, before taking or buying any medicine, I always consult with the doctor who prescribes me this drug. It is very important to understand that you can not drink any pills without the recommendations and approval of a doctor. Since the outcome of the pills can be lethal. Take care of yourself and use only what your doctor prescribes.

Last edited:
I think CBD oil is pretty good, but keep in mind that not every oil contains cannabinoids, so you need to check the oil description before buying it. Sometimes the manufacturer company doesn't put proper labels on their products, so it is important to buy these products only from the authorized marketplaces. Here is the link for the article I use when choosing a good CBD product https://www.federalwaymirror.com/blog/cbd-gummies-top-10-products-to-try-for-anxiety/. If you get any following questions regarding the marketplace where I usually buy, reach me in private messages.

Last edited:
Hey buddy. I totally understand your problem. The labeling of CBD products is strange and misleading at times. I don't use these supplements, but Google fucks me with advertisements for the stuff constantly. Yea, for some reason they have taken to listing the total pharmaceutical contents on the front of the bottle, which is unorthodox.

I'm moving this over to Cannabis discussion, but I don't actually know if it is viable material for them.
Gonna do what kief was gonna do a year ago but might have forgotten. Since it was bumped it seems like Cannabis should be it's home.

I am kind of a Full Spectrum enthusiast as I find high-CBD / low THC formulas to be extremely therapeutic! I did a lot of research, probably a good 15-20 hours worth over 3-4 weeks lol.

What I have found is that on average, *most* full Spectrum Oils contain between 0.5-2.5 mgs of THC and 10-50mgs of CBD per 1ml serving, based on third party COAs. There are some outliers, but about 90% of products fall within this range. Some are better and more complete than others, or have particular cannaboid target sets. I refuse to use a product without a third party COA, so my analysis is only based on my findings of various samples and a few orders on products I’ve consumed.

For example, Plain Jane’s Full Spectrum CBD Oil contained about 0.8mgs of THC (D9), and 29mgs of CBD, and 0.4mgs of CBG per 1ml serving. Batch FS Oil contained 1.1mg of THC, 35mgs of CBD. 1mg of CBG, and 1.5mg of CBC, more of a true full spectrum. However, FiveCBD Oil contained generous amounts of THC, CBD, and the minors, to include 2.1mgs of THC, 49mgs of CBD, 1.1mg of CBN, 5.2mgs of CBG, and 4.5mgs of CBC. *THAT* to me personally is a good standard! 🫠

As for targeted formulas, Head&Heal CBN FS contains about 0.5mgs of THC, 11.2mgs of CBN, and 11.2mgs of CBD. It has lower THC amounts, but given CBN has mild psychoactive properties (about 20% that of THC), is a bit more sedative/relaxant-ish than other cannaboids, and really only needs CBD and a little THC to unlock it (enhance it), the lower amount makes sense.

My personal recommendation for therapeutic purposes is to get an oil with at least 1mg+ of THC, 20mgs+ of CBD (again, more is better), and at least 0.5mgs+ of CBN and CBG each. Optimally, 2-3mg range for THC and 25-50mg range for CBD is optimal!