• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cbd not psychoactive?

yteek

Bluelighter
I see this statement being made but it completely bamboozles me, as it seemingly tends to contradict itself. While many insist it is not psychoactive, within the same line of thought, they profess of antidepressant, anxiolytic, and anti-psychotic properties. This doesn't make any sense to me, because by default, that is a psychoactive effect.

Anyone else confused about this?

20141228_1338232_zpsc796bc59.jpg

It's a marketing gimick imo to make it look safer, more medically appealing, and just not a classic "drug." Rather than being inactive it is just differently active.

It's a marketing gimick imo to make it look safer, more medically appealing, and just not a classic "drug." Rather than being inactive it is just differently active.

Yeah, that is what I always thought, but it just completely contradicts itself, I think they mixed up psychedelic and psychoactive.

Gw pharmaceutical explains the mechanism of cannabinoid action extremely well. I recommend looking at their page

It's "not" psychoactive in the loose sense, as in it's just not recreational. Would you consider magnesium psychoactive? It's mildly anxiolytic and possesses muscle relaxant properties, but it's not something that will get you high. Having had CBD tincture and edibles many times, I can say that I have never achieved any discernable effects, not even anxiolysis... though there are definitely studies that show it is.

Psychoactive doesn't have to be recreational though, there are many psychoactive substances that are far from being recreational.

I just find odd when reading about it, that they stress it isn't psychoactive while putting great emphasis on being an anti-psychotic , antidepressant, and anxilyotic, which by default are examples of a psychoactive component.

I'm aware psychoactive doesn't equal recreational, but many people think that because it doesn't get you high that it's not psychoactive... I'd say CBD is psychoactive. When you say "when reading about it", are you reffering to published, peer reviewed documents and studies or anecdote from forums?

Edit: Just seen what your talking about, I'm gonna have to say marketing gimmick as well... I think people want to get the point across that it doesn't get you high.

Yeah, that is what I always thought, but it just completely contradicts itself, I think they mixed up psychedelic and psychoactive.

You said all, and by the way, i think Recreational and Psychoactive are misused too.
Lot's of drugs user think Psychoactive = Recreational products !

I think of it this way.... Anything psychoactive could be used recreationally, spiritually, or medicanally. Who's not to argue that recreational use (individual or social) is not some form of spiritual use, which could be medically beneficial of course carrying risks like most medical practices although not as much as most. So who is to say who is doing what and whether or not it is good or bad hell even important, meaningful, and even necessary to ones life?

(hops off soapbox)