• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD instead of painkillers?

Espiritus

Bluelighter
When I get a headache, I take Motrin or Advil and it goes away within half an hour. Can I use CBD instead of painkillers? Would it work as well? I don't know what the dosage is for the purpose of acute pain relief. I have a CBD tincture with a 1ml dropper.

you can try...

the tincture should have the dosage per ml

if not then start small and work your way up..

It's subjective. Not a lot of clinical data exists on the subject although it probably won't be long until there is an abundance of data.

THC/CBN are thought to be more effective on pain than CBD alone, at least according to the mice that were tortured to deliver us this knowledge[1]. There are other compounds in the "full spectrum" cannabis that may also be potentiating or otherwise responsible for analgesic effect, still haven't seen much evidence to back the CBD hype that is fairly recent.

I tried today when I had a headache and it didn't work. Smoking cannabis definitely has helped get rid of headaches for sure but that's the power of THC I guess!

Salutations Espiritus,

...CBD instead of painkillers?

Euh... In Québec when it comes to cannabis vs pain it happens that some high-profile "doctor$"/"expert$" will just claim as below:

Tou.TV: Marina Orsini - Saison 02 Épisode 26

« On va parler de l'autre effet qui est l'effet placébo... ...J'chus g'lé pis j'm'en sac'e... »​

For example this individual believes in fake effects, e.g. the "placebo" effect from being "stoned" - when being so "high" nothing else matters anymore...

Of course this is pure bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist propaganda considering painkillers only bring apparent relief at best while CBD solutions can promote true self-healing of headache-inducing inflamation at the source, for example, by assisting the body on the long run instead of taking over pain nerves momentarily and doing nothing durable with the actual cause.

Briefly put the 2 approaches are radically different in their action, not to mention on the planet of cap'tain Itnoc we simply can't trust self-serving TV doctors actively supporting hate-speech with their walls of diploma the instant they get the mike.

...I had a headache and it didn't work. Smoking cannabis...

Think with your brain, smoking can be expected to prove counter-productive in this present context!

Good day, have fun!! =D

Last edited: