• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

CBD for Opiates?

aaMizer720

Ex-Bluelighter
I? have researched and done a lot of googling about CBD oil for chronic opiate use. If anyone out there has experience please fill me in. I? have my order coming in! Is it better used in capsules , vapes or what? Mine is vape style. I? also read that it stops the opioid rewards? Is that like suboxone ? I? don’t understand a lot of what I’ve read as well. Thanks!

I've never used it myself. I know two or three people who've tried it, and they tell me the effect is more comparable to a benzo (albeit a vapable one, which if true sounds interesting), or feeling "stoned without the trippiness".

CBD can help if you are taking opiates for chronic pain, but if you are hoping that CBD will mitigate your cravings for opiates I would be highly doubtful. Personally I've found THC to be more effective in reducing opioid cravings.

CBD and suboxone are nothing alike. Suboxone is actually 2 medications, buprenorphine and naloxone. Buprenorphine is actually a partial opioid agonist, meaning it causes lower levels of stimulation on opioid receptors.

Cannabidiol is a completely different animal and acts on a different part of the brain(CB1 and CB2 receptors). Taken from the wiki article on CBD:
"Cannabidiol has very low affinity for the cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptors but acts as an indirect antagonist of these receptors.[15][16] It may potentiate THC's effects by increasing CB1 receptor density or through another CB1 receptor-related mechanism.[17] Cannabidiol may also extend the duration of the effects of THC via inhibition of the cytochrome P450, CYP3A and CYP2C enzymes"

^^^^^ sounds like a weed potentiator but nothing like a substitute for opiates.
Your post was unclear -- "for opiate use" ????
I mean are ya trying to avoid withdrawal from opiates? (Get gabapentin and loperamide n a mild benzo for sleep if so. And use only a few days, for all.)

Are you trying to.... potentiate your opiates? Again gabapentin can do this if used AFTER you take your oopiate and this won't be an always & forever relationship. Tolerance. Tolerance. And then tolerance then they poop out on ya.

Tell us what EXACTLY you wish/ want / expect from putting CBD on board???

I know its an old thread, but googlin around I found that the CBD is an allosteric modulator of mu and delta opioid receptor, meaning that its bind on that receptor to ease the natural endorphine to bind on that.

Maybe its not enough to kill the cravings completly, but its useful. Where I live they start to sell cbd-based cannabis (the thc is illegal) with concentration up to 10-15% cbd and <0.5% thc (0.5 is the threshold to consider that weed legal or not), and i found to help a bit my cravings for opiates.

Im on bupe maintenance, 4mg daily, its enough to stay cool but sometimes i crave so bad for any kind of opiate. Using cbd it helps. Its only my opinion, im not a doctor nor a biochemist, but i think that cbd can be an option to ease the withdrawal (maybe in combo with other meds) or chill out during maintenance treatment to avoid relapses.
While the thc sometimes make me anxious or crave more for the DOC, cbd doesnt do that, it relax you without tripping.

For it to have a stronger effect I've noticed capsules or even dropping the cbd vape juice did the trick for me (yes you can drink it even though the bottle says "intended for vape use only" but you have to dose that with drops) I'm not sure on helping with withdrawals or cravings but I do know a strong dose of cbd was almost equivalent to the body feel of a 5mg lorcet I've tried vaping it but unless you get top shelf stuff with a high enough potency the feelings are almost non existent and for me personally my tolerance towards it grew very fast with continuous use its probably just me I experimented a little and did one day on one day off and it kept my tolerance at bay