• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids castrated testosterone levels of 94 ng / l after oxycodone abuse at 28 years old. Trt?

should i get my low t treated via trt at 28 with t level of 94 and castrated free t levels

• yes, it’s likely you won’t recover to normal levels (600+) since your levels were super low at 94

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • no , try to get clean first your levels can get to higher than 500 naturally. (i doubt it though )

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • yes, the pros of trt and higher likelihood in getting clean will be worth it

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

captaink1d

Greenlighter
hey guys, i used oxycodone since 2016 starting from 30 mg up to 8 before i switched to fentanyl for a gram from 2020-2021. from 2021/2022 i had almost a year clean before relapsing in august on oxycodone but no fentanyl. when i had a year clean i gained muscle from 138-154 lbs but have been quickly wasting away after i plateaued and muscle mass weight was lost from 154-148 before relapse on oxycodone did another ten pounds off my frame. 5 9.6 and 138 lbs

last two months i’ve been using a couple days on with 5 oxy 30 pills daily tapered down from 8

i would have 2-3 days on followed by two days off

before i went to get tested i stopped for two days then used again 45 mg a few hours before my labs drawn at 830 am

i had the following levels at 28 years old approaching 30

low total test at 94 ng / l ref range (300-1100)
low free test at 10.8 ng/l ref range (46-224)
low bioavaible t at 21.3 ng/ l ref range (110-575)
sghb at 34 ref range of (10-50)

apparently thyroid is normal at
tsh levels 0.62 ref range (.4-4.5)
t4 of 2.2 ref range (1.4-3.8)
t3 uptake 33 (22-35)

otherwise healthy male. i knew oxys lowered test but i didn’t know it’s that bad. it seems higher than the norm

i’m going thru a trt doctor right now and debating ongoing on trt. i think it’ll help me get clean and rely on fitness once again to stay clean via bjj. can anyone shed light? my only concern is maybe opiates didn’t permanent reduce test and after a few weeks or a month clean my levels will be normal or atleast above 350, but that’s a 400% increase or 800% increase if i wanna be around the total at at my age (690)

i think i’m going on trt regardless, but wanted to see if other people had experiences with opiate induced androgen deficiency and what three levels were during use and how much they used and what their levels were after a few weeks- month clean. im really due to get clean and a corporate job before summer but my low t fucked up my drive , self confidence and i chalked up loss of sex drive to my AD and it worsening.

1. anyone else test their levels during and after opiate abuse? how long until normal levels if you did return

2. for those that opted for trt around my age any regrets not doing lifestyle changes first?

3. i feel like i run little risk in permanently lowering my test. my pre trt levels are shit but i hypothesize if i have lifestyle changes and don’t use opiates on trt, if i get off and revaluate after a year on trt my levels should be normal. thoughts?

thanks guys, i was also suicidal with a plan before trt and this gave me hope to finally treat my depression and lack of energy and get back into corporate america as an engineer.i left my high paying sector for healthcare to see if i wanna go to pa school but regret it