• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Education CashApp

Pgb

Bluelighter
So I wanted to share something with everybody I know so it doesn't happen to them. I downloaded cash app to pay my lawn guy and I wanted to figure out how to make recurring payments so I googled the phone number called it. Long story short, I got taken for $3,000. As far as I can tell, cash app doesn't even have a real phone number. Don't let it happen to you

Damn. I think the real moral of the story here is becareful with the information you find via a Google search.

My girlfriend had to renew her car registration so she searched online and instead of ending up renewing her car registration, she somehow bought "instructions" about how to renew her car registration via some clone site that fooled people into thinking it was a Department of Motor Vehicles site. It had her enter all the information about the car, like make and model, year, plate number etc, and then had her "pay". However, in return they gave her a PDF with instructions about how to go to the real DMV site and register her car. Granted she isn't the brightest person in the world, because this clone DMV site didn't look much at all like the real DMV site 🤣

At every twist and turn of the internet is some dude in Bangladesh waiting for a gullible person with a credit card number.

Wow that's crazy. What happened to your girlfriend? Bought a PDF.

This is going to be life before and life after event for me I can tell and it's already happened. I had a new router installed in my house so I have to reinstall my printer. I do a Google search to reinstall my printer. I see that the website I'm looking at is something called somebody's travel or something like that. Oh shit, let me get off of here . What little faith I had in a human race? I don't think there's any left

I do a Google search to reinstall my printer.
Go to your printers official website; scroll down past ads to the officail website dont pick the first one.
Put in the printer info and look for the drivers and software (optional).
Download the .exe files (assuming this is windows) and upload to virus total for malware scanning.
Uninstall all previous software and remove printer from devices and printers.
Start the installation of printer driver/software and connet printer when prompted  and not before.

OT
iirc cashapp has been compromised many times one would be a fool to use it, imo.
This is why banks only use zelle.

The ultimate burden is on the user and their gullibiliy or lack thereof.

Just be more knowledgeable, studious and patient when searching for content legal or not.

Just some words.....

Thanks everybody for the generosity of the advice. The printer thing was just more of an example of how suspicious I am now but I did get it done as far as cash app yeah I suppose so I didn't know I learned the hard way I suppose. But the real lesson I think is the googling of a phone number. The cash app did it. Who else is doing it?