• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Carbonating Kratom?

Oakstone

Bluelighter
Let me preface by saying that I have a custom carbonation rig which allows me to carbonate anything I want inside a plastic bottle with the typical cap size (like on a 20 oz bottle of Coke). Ergo, this question.

It's known that carbonated drinks with caffeine and/or alcohol get into your bloodstream faster. What I'm wondering is, does that work with kratom as well? Not that it's a huge deal (it kicks in pretty quickly anyway), I'm just curious if anyone has tried it/if it has worked. (I suppose mixing it in with soda/seltzer would be basically the same thing.)

Never tried it, never plan to. I wouldn't imagine a drink being carbonated would make much of a difference. You could just mix your kratom with a pre-carbonated liquid and then drink it although that sounds like it would be extremely hard to get down.

I guess we'll find out. I mixed about 10 grams (two doses, for me) of kratom in about a liter of water (didn't want it to be thick at all) and carbonated it. I'll be having it pretty soon.
Personally, I have a fair amount of doubt if it will kick in faster due to the carbonation, but I figured it would be worth trying anyway.

Edit:
Well, I guess it would be a better plan to just mix it into something pre-carbonated, because this bottle is taking forever to open without it exploding everywhere.

Edit #2:
Opened it using a wash cloth to avoid any spray or whatnot and chugged about half of it ~6:32. I'll try to make note of when I start feeling it.

Edit #3:
At about 6:52 I started feeling the effects, which is a little bit quicker than normal I think. Also, it seemed that once I start feeling it, it came a bit faster than it normally does.

Overall, though, I dunno how worth it it is. I guess if I had some pre-made seltzer on hand I might do it, but not in this way again (took way too long to open and made a small mess, plus I lost a little kratom in the midst of it).

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, it did seem to make it a little more palatable. The carbonation seemed to detract from the grainy nastiness to some degree.

I found the best thing to do was add it to orange juice or chocolate milk and chug it. I'd usually use 10-20g and about 10oz of liquid. Then have fresh orange juice to chase.

Interestingly enough, it did seem to make it a little more palatable. The carbonation seemed to detract from the grainy nastiness to some degree.

That could easily be placebo though, unfortunately.

That could easily be placebo though, unfortunately.
Hmm? I'm just talking about how it went down. The speed with which it kicked in, though, could've been.

I found the best thing to do was add it to orange juice or chocolate milk and chug it. I'd usually use 10-20g and about 10oz of liquid. Then have fresh orange juice to chase.
Yeah, I usually either do that (OJ), or just mix it with water then chase it with something good-tasting.

I prefer to make tea. I have been using 50g at a time to make the tea, then I place it in the fridge and allow it to settle. The alkaloids are not particularly effected by heat, and it is very easy to drink. 50g makes about one pitcher, or 2 quarts. Just allow for the kratom to settle on the bottom. I take about a shot at a time and it is excellent.

I prefer to make tea. I have been using 50g at a time to make the tea, then I place it in the fridge and allow it to settle. The alkaloids are not particularly effected by heat, and it is very easy to drink. 50g makes about one pitcher, or 2 quarts. Just allow for the kratom to settle on the bottom. I take about a shot at a time and it is excellent.

Could you please possibly PM me this recipe. I've tried ALMOST every possible method of ingestion and everyone makes me sick. I've resorted to stacking size 00 caps which is a total bore.

Cheers dude.

Better yet, post it here, or pm me it as well. My teas never get me that high, maybe I need to use more kratom in them, anyways, I'd like to know the recipe as well.

Interesting test- I would have to think that carbonated kratom-water would be nastier then just regular water and kratom. I'm surprised you thought otherwise.

Honestly, I've found that mixing 7.5-10 grams of kratom (by volume) into a 20oz bottle of water, shaking it vigorously, then letting the foam settle and chugging it to be the absolute best route of ingestion for kratom. I've tried every method, and the shaken water bottle seems to get me both the fastest onset and the strongest effects, letting me get more mileage out of my power.

Love your kidneys, please. Carbonated beverages are not good for them.
Why? Haven't heard that before.

Interesting test- I would have to think that carbonated kratom-water would be nastier then just regular water and kratom. I'm surprised you thought otherwise.

Honestly, I've found that mixing 7.5-10 grams of kratom (by volume) into a 20oz bottle of water, shaking it vigorously, then letting the foam settle and chugging it to be the absolute best route of ingestion for kratom. I've tried every method, and the shaken water bottle seems to get me both the fastest onset and the strongest effects, letting me get more mileage out of my power.

That's what I always do (unless I have some OJ on hand), and I agree, it seems the simplest and quickest method overall.

If you want to increase bioavailability, increasing PH is the first step . Think orange juice - lemon juice acidity ...

I would think liquid lechitin would increase bioavailability. It's a process called phytozyming wherein the lechitin molecule surrounds the chemical , and as our cells are made of lechitin related compounds it allows it to pass through the membrane much easier .

The at home process involves liquid lechitin, an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner , and the chemical in pure form ... The lechitin and chemical are mixed , using low heat ,until the lechitins viscosity is lowered .

The warm solution is put into a metal ultrasonic jewelry cleaner and left to phytozyme for 30-60 minutes , maybe more if you deem necessary .

I wonder if a liquid solution could be phytozymed ? I think an alcohol or isopropanol extraction would work extremely well , as the alcohol will penetrate the lechitin . The isopropanol is evaporated .

With Kratom , an acidic isopropanol extraction , with no plant matter would work the best ... To keep it 100% safe you could use acidic ethanol (everclear) .

Does anyone know the oral bioavailability of Kratom?

- lenses