• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Carbamazepine and LSD

Bluelighter
Does anyone know the interaction between Carbamazepine and LSD? Any dangers one should be aware of, when one can dose after stopping medication etc.

Much appreciated.

Sounds like bad juju man, always best to air on the side of caution with lucy. Drug combos can alter your trip in a way that'll leave you stuck in strange headspace for weeks.

Did it before, no interaction, not saying it's safe though. If you really like to trip, might want to put down the psych drugs; not always a good combo for a variety of reasons.

It's a GABA agonist and sodium channel blocker.

I wouldn't imagine any issues are likely. If you're nervous, consider skipping it on the day you drop.

If you're epileptic be aware that some people experience seizures on psychedelics, though from what seen reported it's more likely with tryptamines than with LSD.

Does anyone know the interaction between Carbamazepine and LSD? Any dangers one should be aware of, when one can dose after stopping medication etc.

Much appreciated.

Carbamazepine is also known as Tegretol and I believe it works on sodium channels in the brains. There is NO interaction with LSD, and you will be fine.

Carbamazepine is also known as Tegretol and I believe it works on sodium channels in the brains. There is NO interaction with LSD, and you will be fine.

and

It's a GABA agonist and sodium channel blocker.

I wouldn't imagine any issues are likely. If you're nervous, consider skipping it on the day you drop.

If you're epileptic be aware that some people experience seizures on psychedelics, though from what seen reported it's more likely with tryptamines than with LSD.

Hey, thanks guys/girls! It's not for me but for a friend who is on "Tegretol" (brand name of the chemical). My friend is not epilectic but is on the medication. I know the potential risk factor for a seizure.

Thanks!

NOTE: I know Carbamazepine is a GABA agonist, but didn't know it worked on the sodium channels. People who are taking a high dose of this stuff for some time should be aware that they should taper off of it, rather than skipping it for a day.

I can't see there being any negative pharmacological interaction here. LSD has very few interactions with other drugs.

- Tricyclic antidepressants potentiate the effects of LSD.
- SSRIs and MAOIs dull the effects of LSD.
- Lithium+LSD is bad news... for some reason this combo induces seizures, blackouts and psychosis.
- I have read that LSD should not be taken with antiretroviral drugs as it compromises their effectiveness.

That's all I've been able to find.

I have taken tegritol to come down from an LSD trip. It's great for tension and helps you to fall right asleep at the end. :) No dangerous interactions known.