• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Captagon in ISIS recruits

ShipwreckedSage

Greenlighter
fenethylline is being used by ISIS members, apparently. Is it? what's the point? how does it make you feel? I want to hear it from you, the user.

Its a stimulant, a prodrug broken down into amphetamine and theophylline, and nothing terribly exciting or new on the battlefield. It keeps you awake longer, focused clearer, and less hungry, all positives in the eyes of military leaders. These fuckers can choke on them for all I care, though.

Syria war: Captagon drug fuelling both sides

b1fe5219e48534eb262cd3059b3b08fe

IT’S a drug widely used across the Middle East, despite the threat of the death penalty for anyone with caught with or using it.

But now new evidence has emerged that the amphetamine Captagon is being used to fuel Syria’s brutal and civil war.

According to new investigations by both Reuters and Time, the drug is used both to keep fighters on their feet and is likely being used to fund the weapons trade.

The drug is flourishing on both sides due to a breakdown in law and order within Syria and Captagon’s relatively cheap and easy production rate.

Syria is also a known transit point for drugs coming from Europe, turning it into a major producer in the wake of the civil chaos that has gripped the country in recent years.

The drug, a major stimulant, is reportedly being used to help fighters stay awake during long and arduous battles.

It induces “a kind of euphoria,” Lebanese psychiatrist Ramzi Haddad toldthe Guardian of the pills, which can sell for up to $20 each.

“You’re talkative, you don’t sleep, you don’t eat, you’re energetic.”

And according to Time, most of the pills are moved in trucks travelling from Syria to Lebanese ports, then shipped to the Gulf states.

Some have speculated that profits from the drug are being used to prop-up Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s regime.

The investigation comes just days after Saudi authorities seized 22.4 million amphetamine pills in one year, an interior ministry spokesman confirmed.

Around 28.8 tonnes of hashish and 26.2 kilograms of heroin have also been seized during the past Hijri Islamic year (which ended in mid-October) in the kingdom, where drug traffickers are sentenced to death.

In their campaign against drug-trafficking, authorities have also confiscated hundreds of weapons, including 184 machineguns as well as rifles and guns, in addition to over 41 million riyals ($11 million), said the statement.

During eight months of the past Hijri year, 1,776 drug traffickers were arrested in the kingdom.

http://www.news.com.au/world/middle...s/news-story/64642e93ac8ea4cbb466bf4a2877b0c0

As for fenethylline, it is pretty interesting. As you can see, it is literally just a molecular mashup of theophylline and amphetamine:

(RS)-1%2C3-dimethyl-%207-%5B2-(1-phenylpropan-2-ylamino)ethyl%5Dpurine-%202%2C6-dione.png

...and winds up breaking down into these drugs in the body, slowly, so it's basically a form of sustained release amphetamine. The theophylline doses aren't that significant, though, unless taking a lot.

Captagon's made the news lately as regards ISIS but it's always been a popular drug in that part of the world ...

But the thing is, the pills circulating in Syria, etc., they're not actually Captagon. They are counterfeits and moreover, the Saudi drug agency did a detailed study finding that they were entirely either plain amphetamine or other weird crap. No fenethylline at all.

CSlAQlDWoAArwPB.png:large

The cited Saudi study is actually interesting because it discusses other drugs, and under this heading also alcohol, circulating in the Kingdom.

ShipwreckedSage said:
I want to hear it from you, the user

as in ISIS members? pretty sure Bluelight is haram ...

And the US and probably Russian and French pilots are bombing them while on Dexedrine. Go-pills is the US military name and they even have stop-pills (Ambien I think) for when pilots return. But drugs are bad, says our government.

Kittycat5 said:
stop-pills (Ambien I think)

Temazepam actually ("no go pills.")

Nothing but the best for our boys "over there ..."

Maybe it varies from branch to branch. My best friend was a Navy pilot and he told me Ambien and stop pills. I actually urged him to not take the Dexedrine, not because I am against it for ADHD or even recreational use, but because I just couldnt take the thought of him being too amped up and doing something stupid like dying on me.

I'm pretty sure USAF uses temazepam but this may be out of date information. I think I'd trust it more as a "no-go" for an AMP comedown than Ambien TBH. And, yeah, the thought of our pilots/soldiers tweaking especially for extended periods of time is somewhat unnerving. I've done my share of amphetamines to excess in the wild days of my youth and, being a country boy, there were always guns around, so I consider myself pretty lucky that the more baleful possibilities of the conjunction of the two never eventuated ...

Provigil is also used by the military I believe.

I wish I could remember what incident it was, but I remember reading about a Navy ship on some sort of critical mission that was short staffed with only like 3 sailors and they were awake nearly a week on speed ... I wanted to say it was the USS Pueblo captured in North Korea, but I checked, and it isn't ...

But yeah, the use of drugs in war is nothing new. In WWII both sides used it, most famously though the Axis using amphetamines, particularly the Japanese with methamphetamine ... but used by all sides ... and afterwards ... even JFK using amphetamines ... supposedly steroid use is rampant among our elite special forces type units and probably a blind eye is turned to it if not tacitly encouraged.

I read the Air Force has switched to Provigil, too and for all I know the Navy gave temazepam and said it was Ambien. Worse has been done to unknowing military members.

That story of the ship rings a bell to me but cannot remember the name either.

But drugs are bad, says our government.
Oh yeah, that's so crazy.

I've read about the captagon too, as well the speculation that the attackers in Paris were on drugs (seemingly they found injection equipment and such in hotel rooms, and while this might well be possible that they drugged themselves to assure that they'll execute what they've planned, I suspect the usual war on drugs up stirring).

Someone told me that she knew a student buddy with ADHD who used captagon when it was still marketed and claimed it to have superior memory-enhancing properties to other stimulants, but well ... seeing it's just amphetamine and theophylline, how should it be any different than taking these two together (heavy jitteriness and peripheral stimulation for me).

ISIS. Dealers of death, terror, and bunk drugs. What a bunch.

ISIS. Dealers of death, terror, and bunk drugs. What a bunch.

But their version of the Spaghetti Monster, (To the infidels, know this! There is no God but the Spaghetti Monster and Muhammad, peace be upon him, is his messenger!) is right and just and so they go to the magical wonderland in the sky after death.

But their version of the Spaghetti Monster, (To the infidels, know this! There is no God but the Spaghetti Monster and Muhammad, peace be upon him, is his messenger!) is right and just and so they go to the magical wonderland in the sky after death.

How can halfway intelligent human beings not see how stupid their way of thinking is?

Hey guys, i just had a chance to log in again after my original post, and i just wanted to say wow- you have a lot of great information on a subject i have been curious about for quite some time! Thanks a bunch for taking the time to share the knowledge and information you had with me and the rest of the community! I cannot tell you exactly what it is, but this whole ordeal just interested me too much to not try and learn more! Thanks again guys!

Oh yeah, that's so crazy.

I've read about the captagon too, as well the speculation that the attackers in Paris were on drugs (seemingly they found injection equipment and such in hotel rooms, and while this might well be possible that they drugged themselves to assure that they'll execute what they've planned, I suspect the usual war on drugs up stirring).

If I were going to go out and commit a violent and terrible crime, I'd probably prep with some benzodiazepines instead...

Stimulants would just make me too jittery...