View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can't trip on Salvia. Any suggestions?

Raizekas

Greenlighter
Hey, so I recently moved to UK and found out that Salvia divinorum is completely legal here, so decided to try out. (from psychedelics, I only had some shroom trips, but have used some other drugs (yes, I've read a bunch of "salvia is not like any other drug", so no need to repeat this one to me)) Bought 0.33g of 20x, a pipe and even got a torch lighter and prepared for the blast off. My first mistake was, that I "treated" it as weed, and as strange it may sound, I always mix weed with tobacco, therefore I mixed some (like 0.05g I'd guess, maybe even less) of the Salvia with tobacco and tried to smoke it. Smoked all the mixture. Nothing happened. Well then I've assumed tobacco is no good (I actually don't really like tobacco and the taste was hideous) and tried to smoke Salvia alone (packed like 0.05-0.1g) smoked few bowls, nothing happened. Now I was really confused, since after watching some of the "crazy salvia trips" on youtube, people would get crazy after few hits. I was not expecting to get crazy and shit, I got my room pretty dark, got one of my favorite dark progressive mixes playing on headphones (sometimes I meditate with music) and wanted to try and meditate and see some kind of either closed-eye or opened-eye visuals, however all I got was "a bit of dizyness", like the one you'd get from less than a half of a can of beer. This got me puzzled, so I've decided to check on the internet how to smoke it properly and stuff. So it said that you need to hold it in your lungs as long as you can and yeah... That is probably the biggest problem of mine. I'm non-smoker my self, however I've smoked weed for few years, but now I'm on a 1month tolerance break (and still counting) so it's kinda hard for me to smoke something and holding in the lungs... Well I don't know, I might look like a sissy, but after I took the "as big as I can" hit from the pipe, I could only hold it for 5-10s max, unless I'd breathe in some additional air while holding it, then I could for 20-30s. So I've tried: holding it for as long as I can (somewhere ~5s), then I've tried taking the hit and inhaling some additional oxygen and holding it for ~20s, smoked a couple of bowls (smoked all the remaining of mine 0.33g) and... nothing happened. Well I was a "bit dizzy", but that dizyness was no more than from a can of beer. Any suggestions? Should I get a bong? Any suggestions for holding breathe longer? Can I breathe in additional oxygen while holding it? Maybe the Salvia was lame? I bought it from hedzup shop in Birmingham, any idea if they have good salvia or not? Thinking about ordering it online from cofeesh0p next time. (I've read about the "don't buy or sell drugs on the forum rule", but... it's legal and it's not like I'm asking where to buy or to sell, so I'd presume it's like saying "I've bought 2 Carlsberg beer from Morrison's" so it should be fine, right? If not, I will remove this part about shops and buying)

salvia is orally active. Hold some under your tongue for 45 minutes, spit it out and then smoke some 15 minutes after that.

Slowly increase your dose with similar product, or try a new product. I've had drug experiences like this and I excessively kicked the dosage up and used a different product and it really kicked my ass.

Don't hold in smoke for more than 2-3 seconds by the way, it doesn't do anything but deposit tar. Your lungs are efficient enough at collecting inhaled material to where most of it gets absorbed almost instantly.

try and get 60x as that's what (i believe?) is a "thresh hold" dose. I haven't had much experience with Salvia but from what iv'e researched, 60x is a lot more potent of a jump from 50x than merely 40x-50x. Weather this is placebo or not i don't know, although i don't see why it would differ so much. Salvia takes longer than weed to be absorbed into the lung, make sure to have a big hit of around .5 and then hold it for around 10 seconds. It should hit you like a train.=D

There are like so many opinions, for instance cyberius said that there is no big difference how long you hold it, now wheaters says that you should at least hold it for 10 secs. In other posts/forums, some people say it's best to hold it for 30seconds. Don't even know what to believe now. Anyway, about the oral way, the "holding behind the tongue" could be also done for extract sprayed leaves, right? Also: maybe there's some kind of drink you could make, like tea? (personally, tried tripping on shrooms by eating them and making tea - tea was always the best option for me)