• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Cant stop taking benzos every day

morphineoxysbenzos

Bluelighter
I haven't really been taking to get high but just for stress/anxiety relief. Is it really that bad if I'm taking super low doses? I'm taking around .25-5mg etizolam per dose and maybe another 1-2 doses later in the day/before bed but I still kinda feel the etiz the next day. I don't really get high off it, it just has a numbing effect where it feels like everything plus my anxiety is just toned down like 20%.. I use it sometimes in the mornings but I really try to avoid it and try to use it more mid-day.

I really want to give time to let my brain heal and work on it's own but it's just so exhausting being stressed and anxious all the time I don't know which is worse plus it helps me get sleep and keep a more regular sleeping schedule which is basically impossible with my anxiety/insomnia. Etizolam is about half as weak as xanax right? So I'm basically taking .125 and .25 mg doses of xanax which is the lowest dose they come in. It can't be worse than someone drinking regularly or something like that right? It does kinda get heavy feeling around the .5 mg dose where i can feel similar alcohol like effects maybe a little strong but not disorientating and with a way longer lasting stretched out feeling with more euphoria..

Would you say a habit like this is worse than having a 1-2 glasses of wine/drinks a night? I tried drinking alcohol like that but it seems like I just get a lot of the negative effects and the euphoria/positive effects are so short acting its basically gone as soon as i put down my drink which causes me to redose heavy or just feel basically nothing. Even just 1-3 drinks felt rough on my body and I always drink a bunch of water right after, too. I don't really feel any negative side effects when I stop taking etizolam and I don't even have a strong urge to use it I just like the relief from my anxiety because it feels so draining and overwhelming and I feel it almost non-stop.

If I could just space it out a little bit more do you think it would be a good amount? .25-5mg of etizolam basically sounds like the end of a taper dosage people take before they quit anyways.

I'm in the same situation as you, I don't take benzos to get high but I have generalised anxiety disorder and social anxiety, insomnia, on off depression, fibromyalgia and the only thing that helps are benzos, but tolerence creeps up on you and what you're taking now won't touch the sides and you'll need more and more

Its why I'm trying to come off them yet again

I also take low doses of Etizolam 0.3mg - 0.5mg. I recently started dosing low dose Diclazepam 0.3mg in morning and after dinner. It’s a long lasting Valium analog with a super long half life….so you can taper and gradually reduce your daily usage. Read up on it

Unfortunately you will still eventually develop tolerance, need more for the same effect, etc. I don't know how long benzo tolerance takes to build but i'd say try and switch to a strictly as needed basis as soon as possible.