• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can't stop smoking tar!

Juanmoretime

Greenlighter
Does anyone else find themselves redosing constantly while smoking tar? I swear it's almost like crack to me. I used to be able to dose and enjoy the full duration of the high, but now I catch myself smoking more not even an hour after my first hit.

I've never smoked tar or even used BTH, but when I first started using I was smoking European #3 heroin. I experienced the same thing, and it's only gotten worse since I started IVing. After IVing it has to do when me chasing the rush, but when I was smoking it I believe it had more to do with the ritual.

It's not just tar; it's any drug that can be smoked, really. Meth, crack, weed, nicotine, etc. Smoking is just a compulsive ROA, that's all there is to it

It's not just tar; it's any drug that can be smoked, really. Meth, crack, weed, nicotine, etc. Smoking is just a compulsive ROA, that's all there is to it
I wouldn't necessarily say any drug that can be smoked. While ketamine can be smoked I'm not a fan of it. DMT can be smoked but I have absolutely no intentions to smoke DMT for a very, very long time after my experience, that is if I ever smoke it again. Don't get me wrong it was an absolutely incredible, positive, life-changing, interesting experience. It just isn't something that's done for fun.

I wish I could explain further but it'd be difficult to do so. Only mainstream, popular, recreational drug I can think of that I also don't enjoy smoking like that is methamphetamine.

OP: I became extremely addicted to H and oxy smoking them. It was the whole ritual of running it down the foil, chasing it with a straw, the taste, the smell, the feeling, and the quick rush and onset of the high. Very addicting ROA for most drugs. Before I smoked OC and H on foil I just mostly would sniff it, which while it was addicting as well, it wasn't as addicting and I wasn't so compulsive about it, plus it lasted much longer when sniffed. I smoked both ECP and BTH on foil though and loved both of them, but hated what it turned me into, I was unable to stop thinking about it when I ran out, and always had to have more, it was much like crack addiction mentally. Short powerful high, and intense rush. I started to IV though not long after smoking oxy/H and that was even worse, except it seemed to last a little longer so I didn't have to redose as often as with smoking. Be careful, that shit will get out of control real fast, trust me I know all about it!

OP: I became extremely addicted to H and oxy smoking them. It was the whole ritual of running it down the foil, chasing it with a straw, the taste, the smell, the feeling, and the quick rush and onset of the high. Very addicting ROA for most drugs. Before I smoked OC and H on foil I just mostly would sniff it, which while it was addicting as well, it wasn't as addicting and I wasn't so compulsive about it, plus it lasted much longer when sniffed. I smoked both ECP and BTH on foil though and loved both of them, but hated what it turned me into, I was unable to stop thinking about it when I ran out, and always had to have more, it was much like crack addiction mentally. Short powerful high, and intense rush. I started to IV though not long after smoking oxy/H and that was even worse, except it seemed to last a little longer so I didn't have to redose as often as with smoking. Be careful, that shit will get out of control real fast, trust me I know all about it!

I agree, the ritual in it of itself is addicting. Though I also feel like I'm being "greedy" with my high, like the high is never enough. I've had to cut back drastically because after only 2 days of smoking heroin constantly I started getting withdrawals which scared me, it was bearable (just hot/cold flashes, mild sweating, runny nose etc) but I knew if I kept smoking it like the way I was the withdrawals would only get worse. I've also read that each time you start doing heroin (or any opiate i guess) again no matter how long of a break you take the withdrawals will be the same as when you first quit? Is this accurate?

I agree, the ritual in it of itself is addicting. Though I also feel like I'm being "greedy" with my high, like the high is never enough. I've had to cut back drastically because after only 2 days of smoking heroin constantly I started getting withdrawals which scared me, it was bearable (just hot/cold flashes, mild sweating, runny nose etc) but I knew if I kept smoking it like the way I was the withdrawals would only get worse. I've also read that each time you start doing heroin (or any opiate i guess) again no matter how long of a break you take the withdrawals will be the same as when you first quit? Is this accurate?

Yep, I was the same way, this is what made me so badly addicted to oxy and heroin, by smoking them. It was because it was a much shorter duration and much more intense rush than sniffing. Then I wasn't getting high enough from smoking and switched to IV, which is beside the point though... Anyways to answer your question about withdrawls, I think it varies from person to person... I don't think everyone will continue to get as bad withdrawls as when they first stopped using going from a daily user to a very occastional user taking breaks and stuff, they most likely will not be as bad in most of these scenarios for most people though who used to be addicted and then become once a month users or something, but that is super hard for a lot of people to do though without the help of bupe or methadone... or something to hold you over that whole time between using heroin, especially in an ROA as addicting as smoking it... Everyone I know, including myself, tripled the amount of dope/oxy we all did when we started smoking it, some people more than tripled the amount they used to pop(with oxy) or sniff(with both). I hope, for your sake you can do that, cut your usage down.. but it takes a lot of willpower and isn't as easy as you might think... at least it wasn't for me. Until I got on subs, then of course I could be a vacation user with no withdrawls or problems... but now I strictly just take sub, no opiates at all for me in close to a year.

Yep, I was the same way, this is what made me so badly addicted to oxy and heroin, by smoking them. It was because it was a much shorter duration and much more intense rush than sniffing. Then I wasn't getting high enough from smoking and switched to IV, which is beside the point though... Anyways to answer your question about withdrawls, I think it varies from person to person... I don't think everyone will continue to get as bad withdrawls as when they first stopped using going from a daily user to a very occastional user taking breaks and stuff, they most likely will not be as bad in most of these scenarios for most people though who used to be addicted and then become once a month users or something, but that is super hard for a lot of people to do though without the help of bupe or methadone... or something to hold you over that whole time between using heroin, especially in an ROA as addicting as smoking it... Everyone I know, including myself, tripled the amount of dope/oxy we all did when we started smoking it, some people more than tripled the amount they used to pop(with oxy) or sniff(with both). I hope, for your sake you can do that, cut your usage down.. but it takes a lot of willpower and isn't as easy as you might think... at least it wasn't for me. Until I got on subs, then of course I could be a vacation user with no withdrawls or problems... but now I strictly just take sub, no opiates at all for me in close to a year.

Thanks for the info! I think I'm lucky because the fear of going through severe withdrawal outweighs the desire to get high at the moment, I know for a lot of people that's not the case. On top of that I just don't have the funds to support a habit like this, and I'm sure as hell not going to start robbing people of their hard earned money because I just have too much of a conscience. I could easily see myself being a full blown addict though if I had the money. Why do opiates have to feel so awesome!? The other thing that scares me is I'm not afraid of the needle anymore, once I IV'd coke that fear went straight out the window. The only thing that's stopped me from IVing heroin is I KNOW I will love it way too much.

Last edited:
Oh yeah IV coke of all things... that is the most addicting thing to IV right there and dilaudid.. Those 2 drugs I would want more and more and just spend so much money chasing the first shot. Still do IV coke sometimes, but not as much as I used to. I also used to mix coke and dope, oxy or really any good pharm opiate together in one rig, and do speedballs a lot too. That is so addicting and so deadly too. That could be a problem if you ever start doing your H on a daily basis... smoking it will eventually become less and less effective over time as your tolerance builds, and you are definitely more likely to start IVing H if you have experience doing anything IV, which apparently you do. So be super careful whatever you do... IV heroin is not so much as a "fun" thing to do, as smoking it can be. Its more of a daily "job" just to get by once you get real heavy into using it, start running out of money, and then only can afford enough to get you well over actually getting you high... It leads to nothing nice. Trust me. But it sounds like you are able to control yourself pretty well as of now. I hope for your sake you can stay that way with it. Good luck with everything, and be safe!

Yep IV coke ain't no joke! About a minute after my first shot I found myself already prepping the next, scary stuff!