• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can't stop sleeping after meth use (binge), is this normal?

used tin foil

Bluelighter
Thursday night was the first night of sleep after enduring an 8 day meth binge that started the Wednesday before. a shit ton of sleep is to be expected but i've been up about 8 out of every 24 hours since then and even waking up right now, i'll probably go back to bed right now and sleep another 5-6 hours without even realizing it. The volume of sleep seems a little excessive even under the circumstances, it's been 4 or 5 days now like this

Has this happened to you? Am I just naturally catching up on z's? Certainly have caught up on eating, definitely eat like a person who starved for 8 days....

doing more meth isn't the answer I'm looking for lol

One time I slept for about 2 days straight after only a 72+ hour session. I would wake up at intervals but I'd go back to sleep pretty fast.

I was in a bad mood when I woke up, too, just depressed about my own drug use and feeling like there was no point to anything, so sleep was welcome. Once I was all rested up I felt much better, though, even refreshed. Generalized inertia and/or somnolence post-meth binge is to be expected.

Quite normal ime. Go with it if you can. My solution if I absolutely had to be awake was caffeine, ephedrine and/or bupropion (oral!)

With good food, lots of hydration and the sleep your brain asks for - when the fatigue clears the most you should have are cravings, that sleeping and eating should end the physical recovery, but eight days is a long run, ime. But I've certainly done it several times and my recovery was much like you describe. Pretty much right on.

No depression or cravings here personally thank god, had enough of that once the 5 day no sleep/food mark hit that brought along what one can only described as psychosis. Once that k-pin got me out of the panic that comes with the aforementioned psychosis, it's been blue skies and rainbows from that perspective. Really haven't needed anything to help me through the comedown/withdrawal phase at all after that initial klonopin.

I'm thinking you are right though, what goes up that far must come down quite a damn bit. Probably never going that long again, that was like subjecting yourself to being lost on a mountain for 8 days with the amount of nutrition I had...at least hydration never became an issue

Thank You for the response Burnt Offerings

edit: speedballs I've been using those mini-thins when i need to be awke, which is basically the exact same i believe? either way it works haha. The cravings are definitely fewer and farther between than expected, which is a pleasant surprise. last night though I really almost gave into the classic tweaker logic, held strong though and did not search the carpet lol

edit edit: and also you guys should have seen the body transformation....i know you have likely experienced the exact same thing but I'm only 5'10 122ish on the normal healthy day and after that week it was down to like 106 and probably a little lower....now im getting back but thats constantly eating like i have a worm in my gut. really the amount of food i can sit down and eat is absurd for as small as i am....last night i had an entire pound of meat and about a dozen tangerines lol

Last edited:
What did you think? Borrowing so much sleep will have an aftereffect of overcompensation.
But I nevergot past 80 hours or so on speed. Then i simply shut down.
Guess that will be in 2 nights. lol

Yep, you have to make up for how worn your body is - it's been sleep deprived, you're probably malnourished & your liver has just spent 8 days trying to filter out all the chemicals to not fail on you. You're going to be tired.

Yep very normal to fall in a heap and sleep after a binge.