• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cant smoke weed without Benzos?

CTRE123

Greenlighter
i just want to see if anyone also suffers from this problem.

firstly, I suffer from pretty horrible OCD ive managed to kindof control through a combination of prescriptions including cipralex and especially Loraz(which is 1/2 of xans potency) and i also got a bunch of xans. I started smoking again about 2 months ago regularly b/c i thought it might help my anxiety with the addition of 1.5 loraz. but ive found that by itself , even indicas , require like 3-5 lorazes or xans for me to be able to just relax and smoke a high amount of weed but without them i begin to suffer from horrible anxiety that i get from the OCD and would probably start getting chills if it didnt stop.

Im not an addict tho - I take 1.5 loraz every day for my mental illness but do not climb to higher amounts unless im smoking.

So i just want to know Has anyone had this problem - and did you quit smoking weed afterwards?

Last edited:
So i just want to know Has anyone had this problem - and did you quit smoking weed afterwards?[/SIZE]

Yip, many of us eventually encounter this problem, and yip, I don't touch the stuff any more. I used to love it but it's just all too intense and uncomfortable for me now. I wouldn't bother if it makes you anxious. Perhaps if you work on overcoming your anxiety you could one day return to it? :)

p.s that font makes it very hard to read your post!

I can't smoke a "high amount of weed" without getting anxious, either. I don't see it as a problem, though. I just do what they call "microdosing" -- I take a couple puffs here and there, for a light buzz. I love it.

I'm not sure this is a problem as much as it is a pleasant combination. I was on Xanax for four years, during which time tolerance led me to climb from 1.5 to 7 mg a day, and it was one of the finest weed periods of my life. I too was only taking the minimum amount of benzos necessary to achieve the effect I was looking for - I didn't want to be sloppy or "fucked up."

I quit smoking now because weed seemed to change on me. I don't attribute it to the Xanax because I continued smoking for several years afterwards. It seems that when I smoke now it either causes anxiety, depression or seems to have absolutely no effects at all. But I still remember those four beautiful years... At one point somewhere in that time frame, I had a systematic method - eat one peach and one white, wait ten minutes and start smoking. The best part is that, during that period, there was no drinking the liquid poison I now slurp daily and did before it. Good times...

I'm not sure this is a problem as much as it is a pleasant combination.

I don't think the problem is that it's not a nice combo but that increasing your dose of benzos just so you can smoke creates a lot of other problems, especially if you are a regular smoker. If you only smoke once a month for example then this may be ok.

I don't think the problem is that it's not a nice combo but that increasing your dose of benzos just so you can smoke creates a lot of other problems, especially if you are a regular smoker. If you only smoke once a month for example then this may be ok.

I've been rethinking some of my past beliefs in habits lately, and I have to be honest and admit I simply can't imagine smoking weed without doing it constantly, everyday, as much as can be done. I miss Mary, as I mentioned in another thread, and had to do a "double take" at seeing your "once-a-month" suggestion. Perhaps I should have slowed down before and I'd still be enjoying it now.

As for benzos, it would be an awfully tough sell to get me to condemn them in any way. They are effective drugs, particularly if you want to stop drinking and get rid of the messiness that goes along with it. I have an Adderall scrip now, and my tolerance went up dramatically faster than with the Xanax. At first, I thought it was another godsend that would result in years of non-drinking blissfulness, and I still wouldn't give it up if not forced, but the slow pace at which my Xanax tolerance progressed has made me realize the difference. Benzos will be my nostalgic baby for life.