• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can't sleep without Xanax, and the source is dry

trailsizemtn

Greenlighter
Hi all.

Been taking half a .25 dose of Xanax nightly before bed for about 6 years. I do not take it any other time than this.

Problem is, I was a light sleeper. Xanax solved this problem. Though now I cannot sleep without it. If I do not take it before bed I don't fall asleep quickly. And when I do fall asleep, I never get a deep sleep. The next day I am a misery.

Make matters worse, the source of my Xanax is permanently dry. I have been cutting my doses this week, and not sleeping well at all. In years past I had tried Unisom, valerian root with no success.

With these being said, anything anyone can recommend? Going on vacation in 2 weeks for a month, would love to enjoy it. I was thinking about going to med emerge and see if I can get a script (of something) on my own. I really don't have a primary care doctors these days.

Get lots of exercise daily, fast jogging 30+ minutes on a treadmill at a 6.0 or 7.0 mph speed setting with an incline setting of 1. You should be physically exhausted, and this will burn 400+ calories.

If you can't fall asleep / get a good sleep with that, then try melatonin + sleep with earplugs in.

Personally, I use nicotine to fall asleep. I use dry tobacco and suck on it. However, I am heavily dependent on it so it could just be relaxing me by getting a big dose to last all night. I dont think valerian will compare to xanax. How soon before trying to sleep did you take unisom. Maybe if you try taking it one to two hours before trying to go to sleep it might work better to get peak effects for sedation. *do not drive if you do this until you know how unisom effects you even at recommended doses it may impair your reaction time.