Can't post an article in "The 2020 Candidates: Right, Left and Center!"?

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
Trying to post an article but I keep getting "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console". If I just type out "test" it posts that for some reason but when I try to post the article again it fails.

Thanks

Last edited:
I can see everything you posted, including the articles, and it shows they're all deleted, I was wondering what was going on there.

I can see everything you posted, including the articles, and it shows they're all deleted, I was wondering what was going on there.

Yeah I tried about 100 times (lol) but every time I tried to post the article I got the error message. For some reason I can post "test" but not the article. :(

I see a total of 8 deleted posts. I think 3 of them have some variation of articles, one says Left, Right, Center and two say Joe Biden.

If there is a separate post you're talking about, sometimes I get that error when I link to certain websites like Forbes. If you try to remove the links, will it go through?

I see a total of 8 deleted posts. I think 3 of them have some variation of articles, one says Left, Right, Center and two say Joe Biden.

If there is a separate post you're talking about, sometimes I get that error when I link to certain websites like Forbes. If you try to remove the links, will it go through?

Nope... I tried it without the link and it still didn't go through. Truly bizarre.

Just tried it again in the Candidate thread and still getting the error.

I also tried posting it in this thread and the same thing.

Sometimes the firewall does block links, and its the cause of most of those "oops" messages we're getting on the site for all sorts of things (including sending PMs).

But I restored your original post and bing'ed and inserted its source link without any problems @nuttynutskin :unsure:

Let me know if you're having trouble with any others.

Sometimes the firewall does block links, and its the cause of most of those "oops" messages we're getting on the site for all sorts of things (including sending PMs).

But I restored your original post and bing'ed and inserted its source link without any problems @nuttynutskin :unsure:

Let me know if you're having trouble with any others.

That post was just a piece of the article. I just tried to post the full article again today and SAME ERROR. :mad:

That post was just a piece of the article. I just tried to post the full article again today and SAME ERROR. :mad:

I had a feeling that was the case. Are there any links in the portion that didn't post? I've had to kind of do process of elimination in the past, deleting tiny portions of the post and trying to post (the preview button works well for this) it until it would go through so I could identify the problematic portion (which for me always turns out to be links)

I just copy and pasted the article as plain text and it seems to work fine. No error messages when I click "Preview". Just out of curiosity, are you clicking "Paste" or "Paste as plain text"?

I just copy and pasted the article as plain text and it seems to work fine. No error messages when I click "Preview". Just out of curiosity, are you clicking "Paste" or "Paste as plain text"?

I was just copy pasting it manually like I've always done.

That's extra bizarre, if I paste it in normal (not paste as plain text) and then remove all the links, I still get the error message. I'd be curious to know what is causing the error message now, too.

@nuttynutskin I finally got it to work, I had to delete the extra line breaks that get inserted when pasting normally. It looks like this after I removed the improper line breaks (no clue if it was the line breaks themselves or meeting some type of post length limit, though, that actually triggered the error):

Joe Biden’s Kenosha town hall marred by eyebrow-raising statements
By Joshua Rhett Miller
September 4, 2020 | 10:46am | Updated

Man feeds wild bear out of his mouth

Joe Biden’s town hall event in Kenosha, Wisconsin, Thursday was marred by a number of controversial and eyebrow-raising incidents, including the Democratic candidate claiming that the light bulb was not invented by Thomas Edison, and a questioner refusing to adhere to a pre-written script she was “told to go off.”Biden said during the event that a black man invented the light bulb — and “not a white guy named Edison.”Biden, 77, made the claim while speaking Thursday at Grace Lutheran Church, where he met residents following a 90-minute private session with Jacob Blake’s family, a meeting that Blake joined by phone, according to attorney Ben Crump.

“I cannot guarantee everything gets solved in four years, but I guarantee you one thing: It will be a whole heck of a lot better” if he’s elected in November, Biden promised. “We will move a lot further down the road.”

Biden then insisted that “people fear” anything that’s different before launching into a critique of the American education system.
“We gotta, for example, why in God’s name don’t we teach history in history classes?” he told the crowd through a mask. “A black man invented the light bulb, not a white guy named Edison. OK? There’s so much. Did anybody know?”

American inventor Thomas Edison is credited with patenting the first commercially successful incandescent light bulb in 1879, using a paper filament that burned out quickly. Three years later, Lewis Howard Latimer, a black inventor who worked as one of Edison’s researchers, patented a light bulb using a carbon filament, which was much more durable, according to a Massachusetts Institute of Technology profile.

Latimer also holds patents for the electric lamp in 1881, four years before he teamed up with Edison to begin “improving upon his boss’s invention,” Grist magazine reported in a 2015 profile of Latimer, who first worked as an assistant to inventor Alexander Graham Bell.
Some accused Biden of trying to “rewrite history.”
At another point, while talking about law enforcement, Biden said that while a “significant portion” of police officers are “decent people,” there’s “a lot of bad folks” in every organization, before abruptly cutting himself off to introduce his wife.

“And so we gotta give a chance to change things, and we can,” Biden said. “There is not a single solitary reason in the world why, why, as I said, we shouldn’t be in a position that everybody — and that’s my wife Jill, hey Jilly … I’m Jill’s husband, actually.”
While talking about potential tax plans if elected, Biden promised not to raise rates on anyone making less than $400,000, but stopped short of divulging specifics, saying “they’ll shoot me.”

Biden was assailed by critics for that turn of phrase, which was slammed as inappropriate in the aftermath of Blake’s Aug. 23 shooting in Kenosha.
Participants at the event, meanwhile, appeared to have been screened prior to the town hall, where they were “told to go off” a prepared script, according to one woman’s remarks.

“My name is Portia Bennett. I’m just going to be honest, Mr. Biden, I was told to go off this paper but I can’t. You need the truth, and I’m part of the truth. I was born here, raised here,” the woman said. “I have to give you the truth of the people.”