• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Can't Inject or chase/smoke, so, snort or boof?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Hi there,

Without writing the whole story, it boils down to these facts. I've got half a gram of heroin (no.3 Afghan) arriving soon, I can't inject it and I can't chase it or smoke it in a joint, but I need it, as far as I know this leaves snorting or boofing. Per day, I'm on Pregabalin 150mg, Amytriptiline 10mg, Tramadol 200mg, Diazepam 20-40 mg. The last time I was using heroin was about 10 years ago and I was chasing it. So I suppose this is really a harm reduction question for the experienced and for the experts here, do I snort it or boof it? and what kind of quantity would you suggest?

Thanks for your time.

Plugging it is your best bet.

But sounds like your tolerance is pretty low so becareful. Even if you think its not adulterated you should test it for fentanyl (especially if you are in the US). You can buy fentanyl test strips online.

Plugging it is your best bet.

But sounds like your tolerance is pretty low so becareful. Even if you think its not adulterated you should test it for fentanyl (especially if you are in the US). You can buy fentanyl test strips online.

Thanks for the reply, I'm in the UK but I appreciate your Fentanyl strip advice. So, mix the heroin with water in an oral syringe then insert about 1 inch in and press slowly then clench?

I'd snort a bit to test potency but that's just me.

And yes that is how you plug however if you have uk heroin you'll probably need to add citric or ascorbic to dissolve the heroin also don't forget to empty your bowels before you plug

I'd snort a bit to test potency but that's just me.

And yes that is how you plug however if you have uk heroin you'll probably need to add citric or ascorbic to dissolve the heroin also don't forget to empty your bowels before you plug
Thanks for the reply, does the dissolving with citric / ascorbic need heating on a spoon?, as in basically the exact same preparation for intravenous administration, or can the solution simply be shook?

Yes the same preparation for iv minus the filtering

Yes the same preparation for iv minus the filtering
And for someone who hasn't used for 10 years, and only takes a few low dose other meds (listed above), what in your opinion is a safe starting dose? I've only got half a gram coming anyway, but I was thinking 25mg just to test it?

Assuming it's 40/50 % pure that's probably enough to get you high without a tolerance

So if it's just to gauge purity go for even less

Assuming it's 40/50 % pure that's probably enough to get you high without a tolerance

So if it's just to gauge purity go for even less

Is this procedure likely to be painful as the end solution will have been mixed with citric acid? I often have anal fissures too from constipation from the Tramadol I'm on, which I suppose on the bright side could have the solution absorbed quicker too if there's open cuts in places inside.

I would say plug it if you are not sure, myself I have some on stock I’m plugging and some Pregaba too

I'll throw my hat in with the boofing crowd; intrarectal admin. is my preferred RoA for most things. No needles to monkey with, I still get to enjoy the ritual of prepping a "shot", and the physical sensation is quite pleasant if one uses warm water and a sufficient quantity of lube. I've written some lengthy posts on BL detailing methods/tips?
The biggest tip being "use a gel-based lube (not water-based), lube the everloving shit out of that 10cc syringe, and pre-lube the area around your rectum".

Highly recommend... it can be a habit-forming RoA, like any RoA, but I never developed the same fixation with it that I did with needles. So much easier, cheaper, and safer, too.
If the gear is #3 Afghan and needs breaking down with citric or ascorbic acid, does that not sting at all? I've already asked this but didn't get a response, but as you're specifically advocating this route I'm hoping you might tell me. I know it's an unpleasant conversation but it's because I have occasional cuts inside from constipation from the opioids I'm on and slightly apprehensive about how painful a citric or ascorbic acid based solution is going to feel when put directly onto a cut inside that area, know what I mean?

Honestly, snorting works pretty damn well for me. Unless the H is absolute trash of course. Plugging never did much for me.