Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Can't Get You Out of My Head: An Emotional History of the Modern World six-part BBC documentary television series created by Adam Curtis.

Fertile

Bluelighter

Above is a free link to a 6 part BBC documentary series by Adam Curtis. Typical for the BBC some episodes are 65 minutes, some 75 minutes.

But it's possibly the most important (and entertaining) programme to appear in the last 30 years. People have dismissed a lot of what he says BUT if you take the trouble to take a given fact and research it, you will discover that it IS 100% Factual. It's the unusual style that makes it spooky, for want of a better word.

We worry when on-line ads know what we talked about on the phone - well the Chinese are going much, much further. Behave in the approved manner and receive benefits such as:

1) Jumping the queue when you need to see a doctor
2) Lower Interest rates on loans
3) Higher visibility on dating sites.

Behave in an unapproved manner and suffer action such as:

1)Losing your chance of promotion at any state owned company
2)Being the first to be bumped of oversold flights
3)Receiving lower interest on savings

We already have this in the west but it's more subtle. The makers of augmented reality games are drive players towards businesses (such as takeaway food, gift shops and the like) and the 'pickup' right outside that business is a discount FOR that business. This isn't in some dystopian future - it's happening now.

I find it hard to believe that a 'bad actor' will be able to hijack this technology (even going as far as offering a free AR game) to herd people to a specific location. At the moment AR isn't that widespread but children born today will know nothing else. If I WANTED to get 500,000 people to a protest, I would consider the use of AR to be a fantastic form of 'soft power'. Place the item people want RIGHT in the middle of the crowd so that people surge to reach it.

Likewise forces of law and order could use AR to move people to any location they choose. I find it scary if only because when I was a kid, the C64 represented leading-edge technology.

But ignore my rant by all means, but do watch the programmes - I think you will enjoy them.

Above is a free link to a 6 part BBC documentary series by Adam Curtis. Typical for the BBC some episodes are 65 minutes, some 75 minutes.

But it's possibly the most important (and entertaining) programme to appear in the last 30 years. People have dismissed a lot of what he says BUT if you take the trouble to take a given fact and research it, you will discover that it IS 100% Factual. It's the unusual style that makes it spooky, for want of a better word.

We worry when on-line ads know what we talked about on the phone - well the Chinese are going much, much further. Behave in the approved manner and receive benefits such as:

1) Jumping the queue when you need to see a doctor
2) Lower Interest rates on loans
3) Higher visibility on dating sites.

Behave in an unapproved manner and suffer action such as:

1)Losing your chance of promotion at any state owned company
2)Being the first to be bumped of oversold flights
3)Receiving lower interest on savings

We already have this in the west but it's more subtle. The makers of augmented reality games are drive players towards businesses (such as takeaway food, gift shops and the like) and the 'pickup' right outside that business is a discount FOR that business. This isn't in some dystopian future - it's happening now.

I find it hard to believe that a 'bad actor' will be able to hijack this technology (even going as far as offering a free AR game) to herd people to a specific location. At the moment AR isn't that widespread but children born today will know nothing else. If I WANTED to get 500,000 people to a protest, I would consider the use of AR to be a fantastic form of 'soft power'. Place the item people want RIGHT in the middle of the crowd so that people surge to reach it.

Likewise forces of law and order could use AR to move people to any location they choose. I find it scary if only because when I was a kid, the C64 represented leading-edge technology.

But ignore my rant by all means, but do watch the programmes - I think you will enjoy them.

Please leave your reviews.

It's 6 hours & 20 minutes long but it's excellent binge-watching. I didn't sleep well after watching it.

B.F.Skinner (who won a Nobel Prize for his work on operant conditioning) showed how EASY it is to make people conform. I believe the techniques being used right now are termed 'nudge theory' and he gives the 2016 US election as an example. It's reasonable to say that the left lost because it decided certain beliefs and opinions couldn't even be discussed and people voted for Trump because it's a secret ballot and because if Trump spoke in favour of just 1 opinion/belief that was 'unsayable' to the left, people would vote for him so their opinion WOULD count.

It's the fact that free will of people who do not always make rational decisions is a problem. AC does go into it in some detail.