• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can't feel lyrica?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
Maybe I'm confusing it with gabapentinoids, but thought lyrica (pregablin) was an anti-anxiety aid + muscle relaxer. I could not notice any effect at all, and even ended up taking more just to see what would happen. Do people actually notice effects? It's weird because I am incredibly sensitive to gabapentinoids.

Anything over 75mg should make you feel something. It depends on what you're taking it for - many people will take 300mg capsules at a time as they are the most commonly sold on the black/grey market and that dosage will have you wobbly and with double vision potentially if you have a low tolerance. So yeah, first question as the person above me said would be with regards to dosage.

I think about 50 mgs. Maybe it felt relaxing but I was expecting mental effects. Guess I just didn't take nearly enough. Personally, I was looking to just try the drug lol.

I think about 50 mgs. Maybe it felt relaxing but I was expecting mental effects. Guess I just didn't take nearly enough. Personally, I was looking to just try the drug lol.
It's a risky drug in many ways. Its effects are very strong at a certain dosage and they creep up on you over time. If you want to experience the high, maybe start at 150mg and see how you feel in a couple of hours but it is easy to get cabbaged and not even realise it. Don't mix it with drink. I usually would take one 300mg capsule and I'd be off my box for hours. I was talking to a mate and he said something along the lines of it being similar to MDMA and I think that's true in a certain way. Look on psychonaut wiki for proper dosage information but there is a reason they sell them in 300mg capsules - that is about enough to get you wrecked with a high that creeps up on you and could be risky if you're prone to manic episodes or psychosis, especially when mixed with benzos and/or alcohol. 50mg is a weak dose and probably what a doctor would prescribe for nerve pain/damage or whatever. Check psychonaut wiki for info about dosage, warnings, interactions and whatnot. You probably just didn't take enough but be careful as it is a crazy drug

Interesting, okay. Found gabapentin to be way more noticeable in effects. Even 100 mgs would obviously change my mood and ability to feel anxiety. Lyrica felt like a sugar pill lol.

I have pure pregabalin crystals here and i never weigh the dose on a scale. I find it to be non-interesting and prefer drinking alcohol.

Maybe I'm confusing it with gabapentinoids, but thought lyrica (pregablin) was an anti-anxiety aid + muscle relaxer. I could not notice any effect at all, and even ended up taking more just to see what would happen. Do people actually notice effects? It's weird because I am incredibly sensitive to gabapentinoids.
It is a gabapentinoid.

When I was prescribed eventually 225 mg.

It was only that first 75 mg I felt, Takes at least 1.5 hours before it hit. But that first effect felt excactly like a touch down of MDMA. Not that it developed into a MDMA high, it just hit. Only that first hit, my Tinnitus was also gone to never come back?

It was prescribed for GAD, and it indeed worked. Never noticed any muscle relaxant effect's. But it did almost unoticeably effect my balance/ co-ordination. So in traffic extra attention was necessary, I don't have a car!

Interesting, okay. Found gabapentin to be way more noticeable in effects. Even 100 mgs would obviously change my mood and ability to feel anxiety. Lyrica felt like a sugar pill lol.
And see I'm the person that says gabapentin doesn't affect me other than help with my neuropathy when I was taking it.

Though it does prevent breakthrough alcohol withdrawal symptoms when tapering alcohol or post a cute withdrawal.