• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Can't feel H

TrippyChick89

Greenlighter
So I have this really REALLY annoying problem: me and my boyfriend can NOT feel our H no matter WHAT we do. At First we had no rush but a slight warmth in he head then nothing at all. We're both iv users and have been using on and off for about seven years this last stretch going on over a year now. We do about 3-5gs a day and have seen friends use the same stuff from the same bag and get wrecked off it. We thought maybe it's our tolerance and tried doubling even tripping our dose and still nothing. We even took a few days off and STILL NOTHING. Has anyone else expierienced this problem? The worst part is we still go through withdrawls if we DONT do it and work very intense labor jobs 7 days a week as well as live on site, so we havnt been able to find the time to properly quit. I manage the business and if I were to leave work for a vacation there wouldn't be anything to come back to, we managed three days off once and when we came back we were so beat from WDs we relapsed (still nothing) but if I'm going to be doing it either way I'm sure as hell gonna want to feel it if Im spending all my money and sticking myself a million times. Not to mention I still deep down hope every time will be different but I just can't seem to figure out what the heck is happening here ?! Please help I hink I'm going to loose my mind !

3-5 GRAMS of heroin EVERY day? WHAT!? How the fuck do you even do that much? or afford that much dope? My God. That aside, from the years of HARD drug abuse your brain's opioid receptors have been obviously extremely oversaturated, meaning your body has built a permanent tolerance to the drug and metabolizes it like a external endorphin now. You probably won't be getting high anytime soon, it's time to quit.

3-5gs (sometimes more) but combined/split between two people so 1.5-3 each a day. Never more than 1g per shot (maybe a bigger shot would work? Tried everything up to 1.6 so .8 each but still nothing except being pissed that we ran out so much faster!) I guess one of my questions is what an average shot size is for a long term heavy user? Big thing is we figured out buying large amounts gets you more bang for your buck. Agreed it's probably in a nutshell time to quit but that is going to take a lot of planning preparation and specific timing.
Generally I would just say "ok, basically immune to it might as well throw in the towel"
But the thing that gets me is that two people totally different ages weights and genders ran into the same issue at exactly the same time. And why after so many years of having no issues would it suddenly over the corse of a couple weeks plummet to nothing ? THATS where I start doubting it's simply a matter of tolerance.

You probably just got some really bad dope. Are your friends users like you, or somewhat/completely naïve to opiates? It's most likely a combination of high tolerance and bad dope.

3-5gs (sometimes more) but combined/split between two people so 1.5-3 each a day. Never more than 1g per shot (maybe a bigger shot would work? Tried everything up to 1.6 so .8 each but still nothing except being pissed that we ran out so much faster!) I guess one of my questions is what an average shot size is for a long term heavy user? Big thing is we figured out buying large amounts gets you more bang for your buck. Agreed it's probably in a nutshell time to quit but that is going to take a lot of planning preparation and specific timing.
Generally I would just say "ok, basically immune to it might as well throw in the towel"
But the thing that gets me is that two people totally different ages weights and genders ran into the same issue at exactly the same time. And why after so many years of having no issues would it suddenly over the corse of a couple weeks plummet to nothing ? THATS where I start doubting it's simply a matter of tolerance.

If I was spending that much money on dope I wouldnt spend it all on street heroin. That's shitty to put that much cut in your veins. I dont do anywhere near your dose and I have access to Fentanyl, Hydromorphone, and Oxymorphone which are all more potent, much cleaner than heroin and all give stronger rushes. If you do Fentanyl with your massive tolerance u will get high because the drug has much a higher binding affinity for receptors, it will kick the heroin off and bind instead.

Youre going down an empty path though, it leads to nothing.

Last edited:
We do about 3-5gs a day..
The worst part is we still go through withdrawls if we DONT do it and work very intense labor jobs 7 days a week as well as live on site, so we havnt been able to find the time to properly quit.

If you quit the H you can quit the work too, because then you need much much less money

Maybe it's something telling u to put it down what's the point when y can't feel it give it a try have u been clean befor

I'm guessing...and it's really just a guess but......it sounds to me like maybe you have always been getting some seriously shitty smack. This bag just happens to be worse than most. I know addicts that use extremly high doses, and have for a very long time, but still much less than you, and get more bang for their buck. I find it hard to believe you can afford that much (decent) dope on a regular basis but I guess it's possible. My guess would be that you've been getting extremely cheap, extremely weak gear all along and this time it's even shittier. Be careful, if you ever get real dope you will be in for a big surprise!

I would suggest finding a different dealer and trying different dope. I would sooner think you've been had than think you're really as tolerant as you think you are. If I'm wrong, so be it. I would sooner look into it than just assume everything is on the up-and-up and continue to shell out my dough for nothing. Of course, you could always just take this as a reason to quit and not worry about it at all :)

Oh, if you do get different dope, make sure you do a tiny test shot before you do almost a G in a shot and go out. If your gear is as dull as it sounds like it is then decent gear is going to be WAY more potent than you're accustomed to and it'll be lights out for you.