• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can't enjoy lsd, it makes me feel retarded.

Creg

Greenlighter
So yesterday I tried acid for the third time and had the same awful trip for the third time in a row, I dropped one 105ug tab and went to a chinese restaurant, once it kicked in it felt like my soul was being tickled and I was laughing hysterically which was great, but then after an hour of that I hit a point where it felt like my brain melted in my skull. It became incredibly difficult to say a coherent statement without forgetting what I was talking about half way through my sentence and I lost all touch of reality. This makes my trips very unenjoyable since I become too handicapped to talk or do pretty much anything and my brain gets too cluttered with random thoughts that come and go in a matter of seconds.

I love the visuals and laughing aspect of lsd, but the mental retardation it brings me ruins it and I'm wondering if anyone else feels this way and if you think taking it more will help me overcome this problem or just fuck me up in the head? Also could this because of my second trip when I got in trouble with the cops while tripping on 240ug (very scary experience), I often have flashbacks to that night when tripping which freaks me out.

Thanks

I dropped one 105ug tab and went to a chinese restaurant
Were you in the restaurant for your whole trip? That sounds terrible.

once it kicked in it felt like my soul was being tickled and I was laughing hysterically which was great, but then after an hour of that I hit a point where it felt like my brain melted in my skull. It became incredibly difficult to say a coherent statement without forgetting what I was talking about half way through my sentence and I lost all touch of reality. This makes my trips very unenjoyable since I become too handicapped to talk or do pretty much anything and my brain gets too cluttered with random thoughts that come and go in a matter of seconds.
This is completely normal and expected for an LSD experience. If you want to be able to act normally in a normal social situation, don't use LSD. Taking more LSD will not make it any different.

It sounds like you're taking a lot of LSD in public places and getting in trouble with cops, which is of course bad news. You might want to try taking less LSD and sticking to a safe, non-public location.

Last edited:
It's all about the set and setting. Any situation where you have to interact normally with sober strangers (or even run the risk of getting into trouble with the cops) is just about the opposite of a good setting.

LSD also comes with a pretty intense headspace. Other psychedelics, (like AL-LAD or ETH-LAD), will typically produce visuals at doses where you are still able to string together an atleast somewhat coherent train of thought. But in general, a certain degree of mindfuck will always be part of the psychedelic experience.

That said, it's not like everyone *has* to enjoy LSD, or even psychedelics in general. Alexander Shulgin, for example, is perhaps the most legendary psychonaut of all time, yet he wasn't a fan of DMT or even weed.

I agree with other people saying you shouldn't keep using it in social situations like at a restaurant. That certainly contributes to how LSD makes you feel.

I can't talk when I'm tripping either, I can just about slur a few words with massive gaps in between them. I feel like Syd Barrett or my mum (she's schizophrenic and can't really say much of anything). Honestly, and I know this is terrible advice, but acid is something you're meant to experience alone. Having someone watching over you can be necessary, and it's a shame that you kind of have to have someone with you just in case, but every time I've been with people on acid I've felt like shit, almost done something ridiculous, and almost gone into a bad trip. Then when I get home I can be happy and just hallucinate freely, if that makes sense. It's not really a social drug like MDMA or speed, it doesn't make you want to talk, and you can only really experience it alone, like walking around in a park (I mean like a nature reserve) or just lying on your bed, because talking is fucking difficult when you're leaving your body. When you're not with your mates you don't have to worry about being pseudo retarded because there's no one around to see it, you get me?

A Chinese restaurant is the LAST place I'd go tripping. Do you like music? If so, what kind? Next time, go enjoy the outdoors with people you trust and may be tripping as well, and if you get confused, listen to the music play! (I'd recommend Grateful Dead, circa 1977, and then 69-72. Also, phish ftmfw

Try this substance with going under a blanket close your eyes and as loud as possible put on infected mushroom - Heavyweight and then tell me i cant enjoy lsd.

To be honest I'm surprised that you had done LSD twice before, one time with cops being involved, and you still didn't see a problem with going to a restaurant while tripping. What did you do the first few times?

I guess LSD is not for you, if you don't enjoy it in the most perfect of settings, then I doubt you will ever fully enjoy it.
Tripping on lsd us all about getting Wierd, if you arnt willing to go down into and stay a few hours in Wierd land, than lsd just might not be your bag then.
Best of luck Holmes.

I guess LSD is not for you, if you don't enjoy it in the most perfect of settings, then I doubt you will ever fully enjoy it.
Tripping on lsd us all about getting Wierd, if you arnt willing to go down into and stay a few hours in Wierd land, than lsd just might not be your bag then.
Best of luck Holmes.

A chinese restaurant is "the perfect setting" to you?

Don't get me wrong, experiencing "weird" new thoughts, conversations and sensations is a major part of the appeal of LSD, but when you're like OP and start getting into trouble with the cops, or just creeping out underpaid restaurant staff, maybe you *should* be feeling a bit self-conscious. There's a difference between "going weird" and "going full retard".

I don't think o.p understands the set and setting aspect.
Hell no a would never trip in a Chinese restaurant.
Like other said try a better seeing if he can't handle being Wierd during a great setting than it's not his bag I guess.

i'd feel retarded in hindsight after thinking taking lsd at a chinese restaurant was a good idea lol

All about your environment. At least for me. I have to be in a great setting with the right group. Definitely not into crowds.

Haven't done it in years but the last time was on my 70 acre farm. Spent a couple hours alone in a hay field with about 500 fireflies. That's my jam. I'd go crazy in a restaurant. Haha

Why does everyone think I spent the 8+ hour long trip sitting in a Chinese restaurant? No we just went there during the come up to get some food in our stomachs before it killed our appetites. The majority of the trip was spent biking around and smoking hookah at my friends house.

Well, a bad setting is often the cause of the discomfort you described. However, if it wasn't a setting issue then maybe you just don't like LSD. The things you described as uncomfortable sounded normal to me. The visuals and euphoria go hand-in-hand with the inebriation. You might consider sticking to lower doses - that would allow you to stay more coherent.

Lsd for me is really intense. Pretty much has gooed my brain every time. I was trying to work on my car and the visuals kicked in. Under the hood looked like gotham city and i gave up. I dont like talking on it. To me it feels like riding a rollercoaster. Im to busy tripping balls to really focus on anything. I would recomend doing it at home, get a good trip sitter to take you on adventure when it starts getting good, and eat something great at the peak.

yes, do not combine with machinery, that should be rule number one