• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can't eat on suboxone... down 30 pounds

Relapz

Bluelighter
I don't know what to do im literally not hungry all day and I'm down to how much I weighed in 11th grade in high school.

It's embarrassing ... does anyone have any suggestions ?

Once summer hits I don't wanna be on the beach looking like this..

I was using heroin and fentanyl before but only been on it like 2 months.. I could eat on heroin idk what it is about suboxone that fucks with me so much

Also, what is your current height and weight?

If you can't eat, a short term help may be meal replacement shakes.

I have never heard of that side effect of buprenorphine, I am on suboxone a low dose now 1.5 mg a day. If you are on a ridiculously high dose that could possibly be a factor though. What is your current dose?

I'm 5'7 when healthy 150 pounds im now at 125, I only take 2-3 mg a day either snorting or sublingual and it's like I'm on adderall I have to force food down. But I think I am gonna load up on heavy calorie meal shakes like ensures cause this is bad

I am in agreement that meal replacement shakes like Ensure are great when you have no appetite. I'm acutely familiar with not being able to put food in my body and have my methods that get me through the tough times. If I'm truly in dire straits, I will go for whole milk and peanut butter. Grab a spoon down a couple heaping spoonfuls of peanut butter while you sip a full glass of milk and you can introduce 500 calories complete with lipids, vitamins and other good shit into your system.

The long-term solution will be more tricky. If the medication is causing negative side effects to the point that you can't bare it, perhaps you should consider trying a different medication.

Same! I've been on it a few weeks and have lost weight already. I have NO appetite. Food makes me feel nauseous but not eating makes me feel worse. I'll realize I haven't ate in almost 2 days when I start to feel awful. I have to literally force myself to eat, trying to get past the gross feeling.

I've wanted to lose weight, especially because I gained so much on methadone, but I know this isnt healthy. I also barely sleep.

Not sure what the answer is!

Get yourself some Remeron - preferably from your doctor. This will, without a doubt, increase your appetite and therefore bodyweight. Or just eat less and probably live longer, as long as you don't suffer from malnutrition. Other than that, chronic calorie restriction increases your health and makes you live longer.