Can't activate my account and getting really anooyed

NorcoVicodin

Greenlighter
HELP
I made a new user name and I already sent that link to my email TWICE and it's not sending it to my email even though it says it is. I have a regular user name and it says it's not the right password and keeps saying I entered the CAPACHA in wrong!!!!! Anyone have any advice I really want to post but I can't. It's been 2 or 3 days since I've created this account. ADMINS Whats going on? Members any advice?

Same here except I use gmail. Would like to be activated so I can participate already! Wonder why this has to be such a big deal..like shouldn't the code be tested but also be very simple to begin with? Isn't it a basic input/output code that should work if the site is online? Dunno but i'm sure the reason for this lagginess can be worked around if the admins ever have some free time to work this one up

Same here except I use gmail. Would like to be activated so I can participate already! Wonder why this has to be such a big deal..like shouldn't the code be tested but also be very simple to begin with? Isn't it a basic input/output code that should work if the site is online? Dunno but i'm sure the reason for this lagginess can be worked around if the admins ever have some free time to work this one up

I agree with you. It's kind of upsetting because I want to post some questions. Wonder if the admins take the weekends off? Good Luck.

I agree with you. It's kind of upsetting because I want to post some questions. Wonder if the admins take the weekends off? Good Luck.
Was wondering about that earlier today actually while taking a shower lol I also have some questions to ask ugh I've never encountered this on any other site. Bluelight must be very exclusive as of the last couple of years..I guess I read it has to do with a certain problematic member who they don't want back so easily..it just reads like they want to personally examine each new user..? idunno :\

bluelight is run entirely by a volunteer staff (including admins) and the staff fights a constant battle against spammers, trolls and other troublemakers. there are procedures in place to slow those people down at the registration and new-users steps and, once in a while, they have to be tightened due to particularly persistent disruption.

inevitably that's occasionally going to create a slight inconvenience for some regular users who just want to post and that's the price we pay.

alasdair

Okay all fine by me! Just wanted a little explanation and that does :) will wait patiently I guess, although would be a lot more easy to understand if you copy pasted that in the stickied thread on this or in the activation thread? It can be inferred I guess but some people may never come back and maybe rightfully so if they weren't patient enough but what if they only get their activation links if they ask for them over n over and got over it after waiting. Some people that might have been clued in to whats going on might have joined up! But I also like how you can get a few posts in before actually posting and familiarize yourself with how it is done more so. Makes you read a few stickies definitely. But people are super impatient these days and mislead to be impatient because the site looks(is) very hi-tech compared to other forums and their features so it would be easy to assume a quick sign up. So many other forums have that quick signup and also have their issues to deal with.. But just going to be okay with assuming that there are special reasons for why things are done the way they are here! Cheers

I too have been waiting & getting annoyed to be activated...
I filled out the form and even did a captcha and answered a trivia question to prove obviously that I wasn't spam. All they have to do is click on one buttonwhich takes one second to accept & activate me , but nope... Still waiting. I've never had anything like this happen before signing up for any site in my life.

Apologies, everyone, you will all have your accounts activated by tomorrow, noon PST.

The admin staff is kind of fragmented at the moment. I am moving and lack internet except at work. The account activation was put in place to deal with an idiot spammer and is not a permanent thing.

^All good things come to those who wait! :)

This is anomalous TBH, generally Bluelight don't monitor ever new user but sometimes things happen which mean we have to be more discerning. Glad you guys have persisted.